Tsogo Sun Gaming is 3rd Most Empowered Company in South Africa
Tsogo Sun Gaming, which operates some of South Africa’s most popular casinos such as MonteCasino and Gold Gold Reef City, was honored to be ranked third on the Johannesburg Stock Exhange’s Top 100 Most Empowered Companies. This is the second year in a row that Tsogo Sun has reached this level on the list.
According to the company’s chief executive officer, Jacques Booysen, Tsogo Sun Gaming greatly values sustainable empowerment at many different levels in the business. This is done not only for the company itself, but also for the stakeholders.
“Hard work has been put in across the organization over the last several years in order to ensure that we achieve results in accordance with our strategy,” said the CEO.
Some of Tsogo Sun’s achievements are as follows:
• Level B-BBEE contributor
• 135% B-BBEE procurement recognition
• 62.10% effective black ownership
• 34.44% effective black women ownership
• 101.52 out of total available points of 111 on the Tourism Sector Scorecard.
• The group added R8.5 billion in value to BEE businesses and government in the financial year ending March 31st, 2017.
• Tsogo Sun invested R93 million in support of emerging black owned small, medium and micro enterprises in the country.
• The group’s socio-economic development initiatives reached over 46,000 learners through job-readiness and education programs.
• 4.3% of the group’s payroll was spent on upskilling 12,800 of its employees.
Tsogo Sun Entrepreneurs Program
Tsogo Sun goes about its empowerment strategy in a number of ways, from partnering with Proudly SA to its industry-leading Tsogo Sun Entrepreneurs program.
It was just recently that Hezron Louw, the owner of Sumting Fresh restaurant and gourmet street food in Guateng won the 2017 Tsogo Sun Entrepreneur of the Year Award at the Southern Sun Pretoria. The program enables entrepreneurial growth and encourages small business success. Participants are offered practical support through an excellent 12 month development program.
“Our Entrepreneur of the Year Award winners are ambassadors for the program for the year following their win, and an inspiration to other entrepreneurs,” said Candy Tothill, Tsogo Sun’s GM of corporate affairs. “Congratulations to Hezron, who is very much a deserving winner. We have every confidence that he will prove to be an excellent role model for small businesses and emerging entrepreneurs in the coming year.”