Driving Directions From Johnessburg (325km)
- Follow the N3 towards Durban.
- Immediately after the Villiers Engen One Stop take the Villiers off-ramp.
- Keep left Vrede. After 1km turn right at the 4-say stop (Vrede).
- Drive for approximately 70km and then turn left. Drive for approximately 13km then turn right (Memel).
- Drive for 90km into Newcastle via the Memel Road. Turn right at the first T-junction.
- Carry on straight through town (Allen Street). You will pass Edgars, a Shell garage, Newcastle High School and the BMW garage on your way through.
- Once on the other side of town you will see the casino on your right hand side at 100 Allen street.(Just before you reach the N11).
Driving Directions From Durban Airport (342km)
- Take the N3 towards Johannesburg.
- Approximately 36km after the Mooi River Toll plaza, take the Estcourt North (sign board 179) turn-off, and turn left at the top.
- Follow this road through Loskop for approximately 31km where you will reach a signboard R600 Drakensberg World Heritage Site (Central), turn left pass “Thokozisa”.
- Continue straight for approximately 12 km, past Champagne Sports, until you see the signboard for Drakensberg Sun to your right – this road will lead you directly to the hotel.
Blackrock Casino is situated in the heart of the KwaZulu-Natal area known as the Battlefields, just outside of Newcastle and conveniently located on the road running between Durban and Johannesburg.
This dazzling entertainment complex offers more than just a top notch gambling experience. The complex also offers a family friendly entertainment area, including a kid’s crèche, a range of delicious dishes to satisfy hungry patrons, a comfortable 80 room hotel – the Garden Court Blackrock – and plenty more to discover in the region.
Free parking is provided for all guests.
The Blackrock Casino may offer top class gaming, yet it still manages to retain a warm and intimate feel to it, proving why it is considered one of South Africa’s leading casino destinations. The casino has over 250 state of the art slot machines, including a number of progressive and mystery jackpots to keep the energy flowing and the rewards piling up. Coin denominations range from just 2c to R25 per spin.
Table game enthusiasts will enjoy the Roulette, Blackjack and Poker choices on 10 exceptional tables, while High Rollers have full access to an exclusive, private Salon Prive, known as the Amajuba Room, where exclusive gaming is available at its finest.
Dining and Bars
The main restaurant favored by visitors to the Blackrock Casino is the Mid City Grill, from the same international chain of fine dining restaurants found in America, Canada and Austria. The Mid City Grill is famous for its warm hospitality, attention to detail and excellent ambience. From seafood to Indian curries, from meat dishes to decadent desserts, this restaurant is the number one spot for patrons of the casino. The Pool Terrace and Celebrations Bar also provide alternative spots to eat and drink.
The 80 room Garden Court Blackrock Newcastle hotel promises visitors a “home away from home”, and the standard of accommodation certainly proves that. All deluxe rooms face the stunning swimming pool, and all rooms are fully air-conditioned, offer tea and coffee making facilities, have en-suite bathrooms and room service around the clock.
Thanks to the hotel’s half-way location between Johannesburg and Durban, it is used frequently by travellers who enjoy the restful surroundings and the pure luxury of warm hospitality, attention to detail and top casino action.
Local attractions also make the Garden Court Blackrock hotel a good place to visit, including the 18 hole Newcastle Golf Course, hiking trails in the Newcastle area, and the Battlefields Route of KwaZulu-Natal, which has the greatest concentration of significant battlefields in the country’s history (such as the Anglo-Boer Wars, the Anglo Zulu Wars and the Zulu Wars). The Nabiti Private Game Reserve houses over thirty species of game, including the Big 5, while the Amajuba Mall is situated in Newcastle.