What is the POPI Act
The Protection of Personal Information Act (POPIA) is the comprehensive data protection law in South Africa. It sets out the conditions under which personal information can be lawfully processed, with the aim of protecting the personal information of individuals, and holds entities who collect and process such information accountable for its protection.
What Information We Collect
We collect both personal data and non-personal data to provide and improve our services. The types of information we collect include but are not limited to:
- Email address
- IP address
- Browser type and version
- Browsing patterns and activity on our website
- Device information
Please note that you can refuse to provide your personal information. However, please be aware that this may limit your ability to use certain features of our services.
How We Collect Your Information
We collect your personal information in several ways:
- Directly from you: When you sign up for our mailing list or contact us through our contact form, you may provide us with personal information.
We only collect information necessary to provide and improve our services, and we handle all collected information with the utmost care and respect for your privacy.
Read our cookies policy for more information on the cookies used throughout our website.
Why We Collect Your Information
We collect and process your personal information for various reasons, including:
- To provide our services: We use your personal information to register your account, process your transactions, and provide customer support.
- To communicate with you: We use your contact details to send you updates, promotional offers, and important notices.
- To improve our services: We analyze personal data to understand how users interact with our website and services. This helps us identify areas for improvement and develop new features.
- To comply with legal obligations: We may need to process your personal information to comply with relevant laws, regulations, and court orders.
We will not use your information for purposes other than those outlined in this policy without your explicit consent.
How We Use Your Information
We use your information in the following ways:
- Communication: We may send you emails or other messages about updates, promotional offers, or important notices related to our services.
- Improvement of Services: We use the data we collect to understand how our users use our services and to improve the user experience.
- Legal Compliance: We may use your information to comply with legal obligations or in response to a lawful request by public authorities.
We do not sell, rent, or share your personal information with third parties for their marketing purposes unless you have granted us explicit permission to do so.
How We Share Your Information
We value your privacy and do not share your personal information with third parties except in the following circumstances:
- Service Providers: We may share your personal information with third-party service providers that perform services on our behalf. These third parties are given access to your information as needed to perform their functions, but they are prohibited from using it for other purposes.
- Legal Requirements: We may disclose your information if required by law or in response to legal proceedings; to protect our rights or property; or to investigate or prevent fraudulent activities, security breaches, or threats to the safety of individuals.
We require all third parties to respect the security of your personal data and to treat it in accordance with the law. We do not allow our third-party service providers to use your personal data for their purposes and only permit them to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
Affiliate Links and Third-Party Websites
Our website contains links to affiliate websites, and we receive an affiliate commission for any purchases or actions made by you on the affiliate websites using such links. These affiliate links and the resulting third-party websites are not under our control, and they have their own privacy policies and data collection practices. When you click on an affiliate link and leave our website, we encourage you to read the privacy policies of every website that collects personal information.
How We Protect Your Information
We take the security of your personal information very seriously. We have implemented various technical and organizational measures to protect your information from unauthorized access, use, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. These measures include:
- Data encryption: We use encryption technology to protect your data in transit and at rest.
- Secure servers: We store your personal information on secure servers with limited access and protective firewalls.
- Access control: We restrict access to your personal information to those employees, agents, contractors, and other third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal information on our instructions and are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
- Regular audits: We regularly review and audit our security practices and infrastructure to ensure the ongoing security of your data.
Despite our efforts, no data transmission over the internet or storage system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. In the event of a data breach that affects your personal information, we will take appropriate responsive actions, including notifying you and relevant authorities, in accordance with applicable law.
Cross-Border Transfer of Information
PlayCasino is a global operation, meaning your personal information may be stored and processed in any country where we have operations or engage service providers. By using our services, you understand and agree that we may transfer information to countries outside your country of residence, which may have data protection rules different from those of your country.
Your Rights as a Data Subject
Under the POPIA, you have several rights regarding your personal information:
- Access: You have the right to request access to your personal information that we hold.
- Correction: You have the right to have your personal information corrected if it is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Deletion/ Destruction: You have the right to request the deletion or removal of your personal information under certain circumstances.
- Objection: You have the right to object to us processing your personal information for direct marketing purposes at any time. Please contact us to withdraw your consent or use the "unsubscribe" link provided in our emails.
If you wish to exercise any of these rights, please contact us using the contact details provided in this policy. We may need to verify your identity before granting your request.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Address: Hood Road Athlone, 7800, Cape Town, Western Cape
Policy last updated: 14/06/2023
Get in on the action
Sign up now for the latest bonuses, promotions, and new online casinos.
Have You Found What You're Looking for?
Your feedback is paramount!