Entering card numbers, personal details and OTPs take up valuable gaming time. Surely there’s an easier way to make deposits at South African online casinos? Yebo, there is — the OTT Voucher.
An OTT Voucher is a payment system that works like a mobile phone voucher. Except you can use it for a whole lot more than airtime! Owned by OTT Mobile Technologies, this FinTech digital payment ecosystem launched in 2022. We’re already impressed with its speed and efficiency, and it makes online gambling for real money easier.
What Is An OTT Voucher?
OTT Vouchers are a convenient, safe, and reliable way to transact online or on your phone. They remove the need to travel to banks or stand in ATM queues. You can even buy a voucher at an outlet like Sasol, Caltex or Game and use it at an online casino. Plus, you don’t need a bank account to use OTT vouchers online.
When you buy OTT Vouchers, you turn your money into digital currency. This means that you make online payments simply by entering a PIN. Best of all? Many top South African online casinos, including Betway, accept OTT Vouchers for deposits.
How Do OTT Vouchers Work?
You’ve topped up your phone with airtime vouchers, right? Then you know exactly how an OTT Voucher works.
Buy an OTT Voucher online from your bank or request one from a cashier at one of the 150,000 partnered stores. OTT Vouchers are available online or from over 150,000 locations across SA. You can also buy a voucher online from Nedbank, Standard Bank, Capitec or FNB.
In exchange for payment, you’ll get a voucher with a PIN, either on paper or sent directly to your phone. Then, when choosing a payment method online, select OTT. Just remember that you must enter the PIN from the same phone you used to purchase the voucher.
It’s that easy.
The PlayCasino team has been using vouchers for a while now, and we’re finding it fast and efficient.
Are OTT Vouchers Safe For South Africans?
In short, there’s nothing skelm about OTT. Phone vouchers are safe, and the same goes for OTT Vouchers. OTT Mobile Technologies partners with reliable brands nationwide, so rest assured there’s nothing dodgey going on. Every voucher you purchase is legit if it comes from an OTT partner.
Best Online Casinos for OTT Vouchers
🔔 Advertising Disclosure: playcasino.co.za contains affiliate links to partner sites. By clicking these links and making a deposit PlayCasino may earn a commission. This does not impact bonuses or result in extra charges for players. Our reviews and recommendations remain impartial.
OTT Voucher VS Other Online Casino Payment Methods
The PlayCasino team compared OTT Voucher to other popular online payment methods in South Africa. The most used methods, like Maestro debit cards and Visa credit cards, are all reliable. But they aren’t as flexible as a voucher. After all, using a debit card at an online casino without a bank account is pretty much impossible.
Neteller is another popular option, allowing for speedy transactions between a Neteller account and third parties like online casinos. While convenient, Neteller has its limitations, specifically around withdrawal limits — unless you upgrade to a VIP membership. OTT Vouchers have none of these limits and don’t require a VIP membership.
Cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin are a go-to for many South Africans. While convenient and trendy, the problem with cryptocurrencies is that the market is unstable. What Bitcoin is worth today may not be the same tomorrow. OTT Vouchers are tied directly to the value of the rand. There’s never any confusion about what a Voucher is worth as the value is constant.
Let’s check out some of the other South African online payment methods and see how they stack up.
|Payment Method||Transaction Fees||Payment Speed||Safety & Security||Customer Support||Usability|
|Maestro||2%||Up to 7 days||Excellent||24 hour live chat||Good|
|Visa||2.65%||Up to 5 days||Excellent||24 freephone customer support||Good|
|Neteller||2.5%||Up to 3 days||Excellent||Live chat, email, and phone||Excellent|
|EasyEFT||1%||Up to 3-5 business days||Good||24 customer support||Good|
|SID Instant NFT||3- 5 %||Up to 78 hours||Good||24 hour live chat||Good|
|Bitcoin||Average of 0.000044 BTC||Instant||Excellent||Support depends on the exchange||Good|
|Bank Transfer||3%-4%||Up to 3 business days||Good||Depends on the bank||Fair|
|Citadel||0.5% of the value of each transaction||Up to 3 business days||Fair||Phone support between 08:00 and 16:30 and email||Fair|
|American Express||2.65%||Up to 7 business days||Good||Live chat, email, and phone||Good|
|Diners Club||3 - 5 %||Up to 7 business days||Good||Live chat, email, and phone||Good|
|PayPal||2.99% of the total transaction amount||Instant||Good||Callback, email, and IM||Excellent|
Our Rating For OTT Voucher: 4.5/5
All in all, OTT Voucher impressed us a great deal. We put the system to the test and discovered that it was super convenient. In fact, it beat many of the other popular online payment methods.
We had no problem inserting PINs at partnered casinos and the whole process was as easy as loading an airtime voucher. We also didn’t have much trouble buying OTT Vouchers online or at physical outlets. If you want to avoid sharing your personal details at a casino, OTT Vouchers are a lekker option.
Benefits and Drawbacks of OTT Voucher For Online Casinos
- No bank account required
- No personal details get shared with online casinos
- Fast and reliable
- Vouchers are available at banks and other online outlets
- You can buy vouchers at 150,000 physical outlets
- Not accepted everywhere
- Most convenient when purchased online
Why Trust Our OTT Voucher Review?
At PlayCasino we take our job seriously. And we’ve been doing this for a while, so we have plenty of experience. We thoroughly research and test each payment method, paying special attention to everything from convenience and usability to fees, transaction times and popularity.
Every payment method we review is measured against a strict set of guidelines and testing processes. This ensures that we give it a fair and unbiased opinion. If we don’t like what we find, we put it in the review. If we’re impressed, we’ll let you know that too. You can rely on our expert opinion.
Where Can I Buy OTT Vouchers?
You can buy OTT Vouchers online directly through the OTT Mobile Technologies website. You can also buy vouchers directly online through your bank if you have an account with Capitec, FNB, Standard Bank, African Bank or Nedbank. Alternatively, vouchers are available at retail outlets from a cashier.
Some of the outlets you can buy vouchers from include:
- Boxer Super Stores
- Builders Warehouse
- Cambridge Foods
- PAV Telecoms
- Rhino Cash & Carry
How To Buy OTT Vouchers Online
If you want to buy an OTT Voucher online follow these simple step by step instructions.
- Navigate to buy.ottvoucher.com.
- Choose your voucher amount of between R10 and R2,000 or enter your own specific amount. Tap or click next to continue.
- On the next page enter your mobile number. You can enter an email address too.
- You must now select your payment method, including Adumo Online, which includes credit and debit cards, OZOW or CallPay. Tap or click next to continue.
- You’ll then be given an overview of your options. Click ‘Proceed to Payment’ to finalise the purchase.
- Choose your preferred banking method and continue.
- After choosing a preferred bank, if you haven’t already used that bank, you will be redirected to a new page. Add OTT Voucher as a beneficiary.
- You can now return to buy.ottVoucher.com and choose the bank you’ve just added.
- Finalise the transaction to receive your voucher and unique PIN.
How To Buy OTT Vouchers At Different Banks
Let’s take a look at how to buy OTT Vouchers with Capitec and other South African banks.
OTT Voucher: Capitec
- Go to buy.ottvoucher.com.
- Choose an amount between R20 and R2,000 or enter your own amount.
- On the next page enter your mobile number.
- Choose your payment method, then choose Capitec.
- If you haven’t used Capitec before, enter your Capitec account number now as well as your remote PIN.
- You will be taken to the Capitec page. If you’re on your phone, you can open the Capitec app. In both cases, you must accept OTT as a beneficiary.
- The process is now complete. You should receive a pop-up on your phone with a serial number.
OTT Voucher: PayPal
You can buy OTT Vouchers using PayPal. First ensure that PayPal is configured to purchase OTT Vouchers. This means using a Mastercard for PayPal Cash, and then purchasing a voucher in a retail outlet. Let’s go over how that works.
- Open your PayPal account and sign in.
- In the upper right hit the gear icon to open settings.
- Now scroll to the bottom of the page and find the ‘payments’ tab. Click or tap it.
- Find the ‘Your Preferred Way to Pay’ option and select it.
- Choose a backup way to pay. Select an existing method or create a new method. You can use the ‘Link A New Card’ or ‘Bank’ button.
- Apply for a Mastercard that will utilise PayPal Cash.
- You can now go to any retail outlet that offers OTT Vouchers and use PayPal to make the purchase. The 12 digit PIN will be sent to your phone.
OTT Voucher: Standard Bank
- Visit buy.ottvoucher.com on your phone or desktop.
- Choose the voucher amount you’d like between R20 and R2,000. You can also manually select an amount.
- You must then enter your mobile number and optionally your email address.
- Choose your payment method, then choose Standard Bank.
- You must now enter your Standard Bank account number and your remote PIN.
- If you’re on your desktop, you’ll get redirected to the Standard Bank webpage. If you’re on your phone, you’ll have to open your Standard Bank app. In both cases you must accept OTT as a beneficiary to continue.
- The purchasing process is now complete. You will be sent your 12 digit OTT Voucher PIN.
How To Use OTT Vouchers At Online Casinos
Now that you have an OTT Voucher, you’re ready to use it at a South African online casino. Use this step-by-step guide to make a deposit at popular online casinos.
OTT Vouchers For Betway
- After you’ve received your 12 digit PIN head to betway.co.za or open the app on your phone. Log in or sign up using the appropriate tabs.
- Tap or click on the ‘Menu’ tab, then select ‘Deposit Funds.’
- Now tap or click the ‘OTT Voucher’ option.
- Enter the 12 digit code, select redeem, and the funds will appear in the account.
OTT Vouchers For Hollywoodbets
- With your 12 digit PIN handy head to Hollywoodbets.net or open the app on your phone. Select to sign in or register. If you don’t already have an account, you’ll have to register for one now.
- Choose the ‘account’ option, then ‘deposit.’
- Now select the ‘Top Up Voucher’ option.
- Enter the 12 digit PIN and select redeem.
OTT Vouchers For Supabets
- Head to Supabets.co.za or open the app on your phone.
- Select the ‘Deposit’ option.
- Select ‘OTT Voucher.’
- Enter the 12 digit PIN and select redeem.
Which South African Online Casinos Accept OTT Vouchers?
So many of the best ones! We recommend:
OTT Voucher FAQ
If you’re still unsure about OTT Vouchers or how they work these FAQs should help!
Should I use OTT Voucher for online gambling in South Africa?
If you don’t want to use a bank account at an online casino or prefer to work with digital currency, an OTT Voucher is an excellent alternative.
Can I buy an OTT Voucher with airtime?
You can buy OTT Vouchers from 150,000 retailers or directly online.
Where can I use an OTT Voucher?
You can use an OTT Voucher anywhere that accepts the payment method including online casinos and other online stores.
Can I buy an OTT Voucher at Shoprite and Pick n Pay?
Yes! You can purchase vouchers at Shoprite and Pick n Pay, along with many other stores including Makro, and Caltex.
Does OTT Voucher have an app?
You can buy vouchers through your bank mobile app or at buy.ottvoucher.com.
Can I use an OTT Voucher for lotto?
Yes, you can buy lottery tickets using vouchers.🇿🇦
Can I get a free OTT Voucher?
Various outlets may offer free vouchers for promotional purposes. Keep a look out for these deals.
Ready to play for real money at South Africa’s top online casinos? We suggest you buy an OTT voucher and get started.
Get in on the action
Sign up now for the latest bonuses, promotions, and new online casinos.
Have You Found What You're Looking for?
Your feedback is paramount!