GOLDFIELDS CASINO REVIEW
Direction From Johannesburg Tambo International Airport (3hours)
- Head southeast 190 m
- Slight right onto To Parking Rd 120 m
- Slight right to stay on To Parking Rd 47 m
- Turn right toward Exit 46 450 m
- Slight right toward Exit 46 450 m
- Take exit 46 on the right to merge onto R24 toward Johannesburg
- Partial toll road 8.4 km
- Take the exit onto N12/R24
- Toll road 1.7 km
- Take exit 113 for N3 S/N12 toward M2/Kimberley/Germiston/Durban
- Toll road 1.2 km
- Merge onto N12/N3
- Continue to follow N12
- Partial toll road 25.4 km
- Take exit 67 for M68 toward Soweto
- Toll road 450 m
- Keep right at the fork, follow signs for N12/Bloemfontein/Kimbereley and merge onto N1/N12
- Partial toll road 4.9 km
- Keep right to continue on N1 174 km
- Take exit 393 on the right to merge onto R34 toward Odendaalsrus/Welkom 59.6 km
- At the roundabout, take the 3rd exit onto Tempest Rd
- Go through 4 roundabouts 4.5 km
- At the roundabout, take the 1st exit onto M4
- Destination will be on the left
Located in Welkom, the Tsogo Sun operated Goldfields Casino epitomizes true Free State hospitality with an action packed gaming and entertainment experience that is second to none. The excitement of the gold mining era, and the still active industry, runs through the establishment which is situated in Welkom's prime CBD and in easy distance of restaurants, hotels, inns and shopping centers.
The casino is an entire entertainment complex in its own right, incorporating restaurants, a sports bars, a food court and a kiddies entertainment area – all this over and above the excellent gambling facilities.
The Goldfields Casino has been awarded a Silver Heritage Certification.
Goldfields Casino offers nine table games and over 250 slot machines. The casino opens its doors each day at 10 am and closes at 4.00 am the following morning. All table games start operations at 12 noon each day.
The slot games at Goldfields Casino are spread over the smoking section, non smoking section and exclusive Salon Prive. The majority of the machines (124) are located on the main floor, just under 100 are located in the smoking section, while VIP guests have access to 28 machines in the Salon Prive. The slots are provided by software groups VMS, Aruze Gaming Africa and Bally and incorporate slots reels, slots video and slots poker gaming machines. All levels of gamblers are catered for, with gaming denominations ranging from 1c to R25.
When it comes to table games, players can take their pick among nine different tables, covering blackjack, poker and roulette. In addition, the casino offers Texas Hold 'em Poker every Wednesday and Friday night, as well as Sunday afternoons in the Salon Prive. This exclusive room also boasts three table games, an exclusive bar and attentive hosts for all VIP players.
Dining and Bars
The main eatery at Goldfields Restaurant is Explorers Restaurant which offers a tantalizing menu that includes breakfasts, pastas, grills, salads and breads. The restaurant's unique coffee brand is well known in the area. There is also an active sports bar within the casino complex. Due to its proximity to the Welkom CBD, however, visitors are spoiled for choice when it comes to dining options, with plenty of different culinary options, coffee houses and bars available at any time of the day or night.
While Goldfields is a casino and is not adjacent to a Tsogo Sun run hotel, it is nevertheless near enough to plenty of hotels and inns so that finding accommodation is never a problem. Popular choices in the area include the Welkom Inn, the Blue Crane Guest House, Jenny's Guest House, Captain's Cabin, Magnolia Guest House and plenty more.