- 🥇 Top SA Bitcoin Casinos
- 🎁 Bitcoin Casino Bonuses
- 💡 How to Deposit and Withdraw Funds
- 🎲 Popular Games
- 🔎 How to Choose a Bitcoin Casino
- 🎰 Software Providers Accepting Bitcoin
- ✔ Pros of Bitcoin Gambling
- ❌ Cons of Bitcoin Gambling
- 📲 Mobile Bitcoin Casinos
- 🔐 Bitcoin Gambling Safety
- 👝 Bitcoin Wallets for SA Players
- ❓ FAQs
What Is a Bitcoin Casino?
As the name implies, a Bitcoin casino is an online or mobile casino that accepts Bitcoin transactions. Because Bitcoin is a fairly recent development, several casinos have been slow to embrace it, citing concerns about safety and anonymity. Is anonymity and playing at the highest payout online casinos from South Africa really that much to ask for?
There are two types of Bitcoin casinos: those that accept all ordinary currencies, including Bitcoin, and those that accept just Bitcoin payments. Either way, the casinos look and feel similar. They offer more or less the same category of games, similar bonus offers, and other features. The only significant distinction lies in which payment options are available at the players' disposal. Other than the obvious candidates like Springbok Casino there are other Bitcoin casino choices for South Africans too.
Top South African Bitcoin Casinos
🔔 Advertising Disclosure: playcasino.co.za contains affiliate links to partner sites. By clicking these links and making a deposit PlayCasino may earn a commission. This does not impact bonuses or result in extra charges for players. Our reviews and recommendations remain impartial.
Payout:Within 12 hours
- NO DEPOSIT BONUS
There are a few points to note about Bitcoin casinos. Some of these may apply to traditional casinos as well:
- Bitcoin casinos have authentic games, sometimes exclusive only to Bitcoin gamers; these may not be found in most traditional gaming sites
- The games run on random number generators and are hence provably fair
- Bitcoin casinos will offer exclusive Bitcoin bonuses to their players
- In general, Bitcoin transactions are inexpensive or free in terms of transaction processing fees
- Bitcoin transactions are lightning-fast, be it a deposit or a withdrawal
- There is no rule set in stone as far as licensing is concerned
- Players get to enjoy real money gambling services in a private and anonymous manner
Not sure how Bitcoin & business via bitcoins works? Click to learn more about Bitcoin.
Bitcoin Casino Bonuses
It does not matter if a casino is a Bitcoin-only casino or it accepts other traditional payment systems such as credit cards and e-wallets; you are bound to get plenty of bonus offers. Some of the standard types of Bitcoin casino bonuses we have come to see and expect across the iGaming industry are listed below.
No Deposit Bitcoin Casino Bonuses
The no-deposit bonus is a relatively new online casino incentive in which the casino awards a player merely for signing up for an account. Such bonuses are useful in increasing the casino's user base while also providing gamers with a fantastic start to their gaming experience, free from the risk of financial loss.
These incentives are frequently known as no deposit crypto casino bonuses, and they are available at crypto casinos. At these casinos, there are a variety of no deposit bonuses to choose from. The following are examples of some available bonuses:
- Standard no deposit bonuses where the player may receive some BTC for free upon signing up
- No deposit free spins bonuses that award you a certain number of free spins to utilize on particular games as defined in the bonus terms and conditions
Deposit Bitcoin Casino Bonuses
Deposit casino bonuses come in different forms and are available to new and existing funded players.
- Welcome bonuses: a quintessential example of a deposit Bitcoin bonus applied exclusively to new players making their first or one of their initial deposits after registration
- Referral bonuses: Players may receive incentives when they refer another player, and that other player makes their first deposit at the casino
- Match bonuses: These deposits bonuses are where the casino matches a certain percentage of your deposit amount (or the entire amount)
- Cashback bonuses: Cashback bonuses are generally issued to players who have been playing for a while. Typically, the player receives a certain percentage of their losses over a defined period back in the form of a cashback bonus.
No Wagering Bitcoin Casino Bonuses
Wagering requirements are a standard bonus condition that determines whether or not a player may withdraw bonus earnings. In a nutshell, it specifies how much money a player must deposit and wager before being entitled to withdraw bonus payments. Naturally, the smaller the wagering restrictions, the higher the bonus value for the player.
On the other hand, some crypto casinos take things a step further and provide crypto bonuses with zero wagering requirements. In this situation, the player can withdraw bonus funds without having to gamble any of their own money. No wagering bonuses are certainly not found in abundance, but a good one comes along occasionally.
Reload Bitcoin Casino Bonuses
A reload refers to any deposit made by players after they have exhausted their welcome bonus. So, if the welcome package includes match bonuses on the first 3 deposits, any deposit made after the third deposit is considered a reload. Sometimes, the casino will offer bonuses even for reloads, and at Bitcoin casinos, these are known as reload Bitcoin casino bonuses.
Loyalty Rewards at Bitcoin Casinos
Most Bitcoin casinos may feature a loyalty rewards program. While each casino has a unique program, it’s most often based on accumulating loyalty points. These points enable you to move up the levels in the program and receive an increasing number of personalized rewards along the way. Loyalty points are offered with every bet based on the bet value. For example, if you bet R100, you may receive 2 loyalty points for the bet value.
- Deposit & withdraw funds at Springbok Casino using Bitcoin by NETELLER.
- Powered by Real Time Gaming & available in Download, Flash and Mobile.
- Claim an exclusive R300 Free Bonus + R11,500 Welcome bonus to start!
- More than 200 online casino games, including all the table favourites and a range of top-notch themed slot
– R12,000 Free on first three deposits
- Yebo Casino has now included Bitcoin as a secure banking option for SA players!
- Deposit & Withdraw in Bitcoin via their Download, Flash and Mobile versions
- Claim a R350 Trial bonus + R12,000 Free when you sign up at Yebo
- Operating on the RTG casino software, they offer more than 350 exciting games!
– 2000 mBTC / 2 BTC WELCOME PACKAGE
- This is a bitcoin-only casino that was launched in 2014.
- It is based out of Curacao and licensed by the Government of Curacao.
- It uses software from CoinGaming, Microgaming, Endorphina & Play’n Go
- You get over 1300+ casino games at BitCasino.io
– 110% Match Bonus up to 1 BTC + 100 Free spins
- mBit Casino is a bitcoin casino that was launched in 2014.
- It is licensed by the Curacao government and is based out of Curacao.
- It is powered by CoinGaming software
- There are over 1500 exciting casino games at mBitCasino.
- It accepts payments in Bitcoins and also Euros.
How to Deposit and Withdraw Funds at Bitcoin Casinos
Contrary to what most players think, making a deposit and requesting a Bitcoin withdrawal is really simple, cheaper, and faster than traditional payment options. To make a Bitcoin deposit into your online casino cashier, you are going to need a couple of things:
- A functional crypto wallet
- Some BTC
To make a Bitcoin deposit:
- Go to the casino's cashier tab.
- Select Bitcoin as your mode of payment.
- Fill in the amount of Bitcoin you'd like to deposit into your account. (This can be much lesser than 1 BTC expressed in decimals).
- Follow the on-screen instructions and click to confirm your payment.
- Your Bitcoin will be deposited into your casino account.
To withdraw winnings in Bitcoin:
- When you've finished filling out the form, click the Withdraw button.
- The public key address of the Bitcoin wallet to which you're withdrawing.
- In the space provided, type or copy and paste the alphanumeric string of the addressor
- In Bitcoin casinos that offer this feature, scan the address as a QR code.
Confirm the transaction to see your Bitcoin instantly deposited into your wallet.
Most Popular Games at Bitcoin Casinos
Bitcoin casinos are known for offering thousands of games across various in-demand categories. Most Bitcoin casinos are multi-vendor casinos and their game library is a compilation of games from several of the world’s top game providers. While Bitcoin casinos sometimes offer a dedicated ‘Bitcoin Games’ section, the other game categories offered are similar to what we see at any modern online casino.
If the player is keen on playing games where the in-game currency is BTC, they can snoop around under the Bitcoin Games category however, if you are only concerned with using Bitcoin for payments and withdrawals and are ok with gaming in fiat currencies. There are going to be a lot of gaming options available at your fingertips. Some of the most popular games at Bitcoin casinos are listed below.
🎰 Slots: For many gamers in various nations, online slots are the ultimate appeal. One of the best things about slots is that you don't need any prior expertise to play them. They are meant to be as basic as possible, emphasising fun. The only thing to do is set the reels in motion and hope for a streak of luck.
🃏 Table Games: Slot games may be incredibly easy to play based purely on luck. However, some classic casino table games are much more appealing to players since they have a much lower house edge than slots, and an element of skill is involved. Some of the most popular types of table games include blackjack, roulette, baccarat, and poker. At Bitcoin casinos, players will find many versions of classic table games.
📱 Video Poker: There are many types of video poker games commonly offered at Bitcoin casinos; some of the noteworthy ones include Deuces Wild, Joker Wild, Double Bonus Poker, Loose Deuces Wild, etc. These games are easy to play, and like table games, they offer a high return to player percentages and have an element of skill. If you want to play for fun, video poker is easy and good fun.
🚀 Progressive Jackpots: A progressive jackpot slot is one in which the prize grows by a modest amount each time any player places a bet on the game. The jackpot will grow until someone wins, resetting to a specified amount. The reason it is so popular at Bitcoin casinos is very obvious; these games offer players a chance at winning big, sometimes 6 or even 7 figures.
🏨 Live Dealer Games: With the introduction of the live casino mode, online casinos have come quite close to replicating the full casino experience. Playing live dealer games allows you to experience the ambiance of the top casinos worldwide in the comfort of your home. Some popular games manned by live dealers at Bitcoin casinos are live blackjack, live roulette, live baccarat, live poker, and even game shows such as live monopoly, live dream catcher, etc.
How to Choose a Bitcoin Gambling Site or Casino
Choosing the right Bitcoin casino is crucial for having fun and most importantly, enjoying a safe online Bitcoin gambling experience. When it comes to Bitcoin casinos, they are not one size fits all. There are many different types of Bitcoin casinos with different strengths and weaknesses. A player should choose a casino that fits their requirements, gaming preferences and is available in their jurisdiction, amongst various other factors.
Having said that, there are a few things that are crucial to consider when sizing up a Bitcoin casino; these are:
A recognized online gaming regulatory organization must license the casino. Unregulated and unregistered casinos should be avoided by players since they can be a hotbed of potential scams.
If you’re playing at a Bitcoin casino, this entails that the casino accepts Bitcoin payments. However, it does not necessarily mean it’s the right one for you. You must also check whether Bitcoin is supported for both withdrawals and deposits. You must also consider what the minimum deposit amount is and whether the daily, weekly, and monthly withdrawal limits are agreeable for you. Additionally, you should check the fees for Bitcoin deposits and withdrawals and make sure they fit the bill.
Some of the questions to consider when assessing if a Bitcoin casino is safe include the following:
- Does the casino use SSL encryption to protect your sensitive data?
- Are games provably fair?
- Does the Bitcoin casino offer responsible gambling features and help?
Online casinos are known to offer loads of bonuses. However, they are rife with restrictive terms and conditions, which players usually aren’t aware of until it comes time to claim bonus winnings. Such fine print often leads to bitter disappointment, which is why it is important not just to take the bonus for face value as marketed by the Bitcoin casino but to read through the bonus terms and conditions and ensure that they are reasonable.
Customer service, or the lack thereof, maybe the difference between a great and terrible online casino gaming experience. As a result, we cannot emphasize the significance of selecting sites where customer service is a top priority for the operator and where you may contact the support team around the clock.
The casino’s support operational hours should be 24/7, preferably. Various modes of contact must exist, including live chat, email, and phone—the languages in which support is dispensed matter too.
Not many people have the time, patience, or attention span to sit in front of a desktop computer for hours on end playing online slot machines. Most of us have busy routines and are constantly on the move. So, mobile compatibility is of utmost importance to get your casino gaming fixed.
Even if the Bitcoin casino you like does not offer a mobile app, it should at least have a mobile-friendly website that is responsive and will work when accessed from a mobile browser. This way, you can play from anywhere and anytime from your smartphone as long as you have internet connectivity.
Online Casino Software Providers That Accept Bitcoin
As we’ve touched upon already, most Bitcoin casinos are multi-vendor casinos. This means that they get their games from multiple game studios. This allows the casino to boast a vast, eclectic, alluring game catalogue. A few known game providers make games that support BTC as the in-game currency.
A few noteworthy game providers that offer such games are:
- Netent: NetEnt isn’t just one of the best Bitcoin game software providers but one of the best software providers. The company has been around for over two decades and supplies some of the most iconic slot games, table games, and more to the best online casinos worldwide.
- Realtime Gaming (RTG): Players in the US looking for Bitcoin games should look into games from Realtime Gaming. This software provider supplies some great BTC-friendly titles and is one of the few game providers licensed to operate in various US states. Even for players based in other countries, RTG is a top-notch provider offering all kinds of games except live dealer options.
- Microgaming: Microgaming will forever be known as the game provider that developed and offered the first-ever functional real-money online casino. With over 700 games and counting in the catalogue, Microgaming is known for its slots and high-value progressive jackpots. The game studio also gets extra credits for being one of the first providers to open up its game library to the community of online Bitcoin casino players.
Pros of Bitcoin Gambling
There are several pros of gambling with Bitcoin. We have touched on some of these below.
✅ Privacy and Anonymity
You can do so without divulging your personal information when you make Bitcoin payments and accept Bitcoin withdrawals from online merchants. You only ever have to deal with wallet addresses, which is sufficient to process the transactions. This way, your identity remains anonymous. Since you aren’t sharing personal information, there is no threat of that information being sold or shared with data mining companies without your consent. Needless to say, players who are into real money online gambling generally tend to prefer being private and anonymous.
✅ Peer to Peer Transactions
Apart from the wallet service provider, no middle parties are involved when you make a Bitcoin payment. Contrastingly, when you make a payment using a traditional payment method such as a credit card, you will invoke your bank and the merchant bank to approve and process the transaction. This makes the transaction take longer and also more costly. Banks in certain countries may even decline transactions directed toward merchants offering online gaming services.
✅ Low Transaction Costs
As mentioned above, Bitcoin transactions are peer-to-peer, meaning no banks are involved. When there are no banks involved, there are also no bank fees involved. Your Bitcoin wallet may charge some nominal fees for certain transactions, but many Bitcoin wallets are free of such charges. Likewise, while some Bitcoin casinos may charge fees for withdrawals, there are several that process Bitcoin withdrawals for free.
Depending on where you live and the laws in your jurisdiction, your Bitcoin winnings may not be subjected to any taxation whatsoever. This means you can profit fully from any money you win while playing your favourite casino games at your Bitcoin casino.
✅ Transaction Speed
Compared to standard banking methods like credit cards, e-wallets, and bank wire transfers, often used for online gambling, crypto transactions are lightning quick. Deposits are quick, and withdrawals are practically immediate once cleared.
Cons of Bitcoin Gambling
Some cons exist when gambling with Bitcoin.
The fact that cryptocurrencies are highly volatile is not something that bodes well with everyone, whether they use crypto for online gambling or not. Even BTC, one of the most stable crypto coins, is subject to considerable short-term value fluctuations. So, as a crypto holder, your Bitcoin could be much more valuable overnight but could also depreciate.
❌ Chargebacks Not Allowed
Once a Bitcoin transaction is approved, and the funds have left your account, there is no reversal of the same transaction. If you have any issues or disputes with the casino and would like to file for a chargeback, the option doesn’t exist. If the casino must refund you, they should do so in good faith and via a separate transaction altogether. This is one of the reasons why it is very important to choose and play with reputed Bitcoin casinos only.
📲 Mobile Bitcoin Casinos
Online casinos that support Bitcoin are certainly keeping with the technologies and trends of the times. Therefore, the fact that virtually any Bitcoin casino is mobile-friendly is fairly expected. Many of the most established Bitcoin casinos with huge numbers of users have the resources to publish dedicated mobile apps for Android and iOS. However, most Bitcoin casinos decide not to publish a dedicated mobile app since their websites are mobile-friendly.
Even if your Bitcoin casino does not offer an app for the mobile operating system you use, you can always visit the casino’s website from any modern smartphone or tablet, log in to your account as usual, and get playing.
Players may play their favourite games on their smartphones or tablets in real money or practice mode while using the mobile edition of a Bitcoin casino. You may play your favourite game from anywhere with a safe Internet connection. Additionally, since most Bitcoin wallets are available in mobile apps, you can integrate your casino cashier with your Bitcoin wallet app seamlessly and easily make/receive Bitcoin payments.
🔐 The Safety of Bitcoin Gambling
Because of Bitcoin's crypto-decentralized nature, it might be argued that Bitcoin casinos are safer than regular casinos. Although cryptocurrency hacks and theft are prevalent, it's important noting that they're mostly limited to crypto exchanges, and a major breach at a Bitcoin casino is not something that has been reported yet.
Bitcoin transactions are encrypted and validated many times throughout the network. The private keys used in transactions are extraordinarily long, making them incredibly difficult to decrypt and, therefore, potentially safer than a credit card.
Given the multitude of Bitcoin casinos accessible, it's worth doing your homework to ensure you choose one with which you're entirely at ease. Proper licensing by a recognized gambling regulatory commission is the first thing to look for at a Bitcoin casino.
⚙️ Provably Fair Bitcoin Casinos
Aside from choosing a Bitcoin casino that is licensed by a reputed gambling commission, players should also do their due diligence in terms of reading through reviews of the Bitcoin casino website and checking online casino forums to see if the casino has any serious complaints or has been blacklisted for any reason. When choosing a Bitcoin casino or any online casino for that matter, it is important to choose a casino that’s certified ‘provably fair’.
This certification entails that the casino uses a random number generator algorithm that determines the results of all games in a way that the casino operator does not directly control, thus making the results luck-based and fair. The ‘provably fair’ stamp further entails that the RNG algorithm has been subjected to third-party review and testing and has passed all quality checks.
👝 Bitcoin Wallets Available to South African Users
Choosing the right Bitcoin wallet can be a bit overwhelming, given the abundance of choice that is out there. However, as long as you know your requirements and guardrails, picking the right wallet is not rocket science.
Some of the best options for South African online casino players when it comes to Bitcoin wallets and exchanges are:
These wallets have different strengths and drawbacks, a little research about the wallet and knowing what you need from a wallet is key to finding the right match for you.
💰 Bitcoin Casino Sites With a Faucet Feature
So, what does it mean when a website offers a Bitcoin faucet? It is a simple concept – the website will reward you with BTC (albeit very nominal amounts) for completing certain assignments. This could range from completing a certain number of captchas to watching advertisements from start to finish or providing your feedback on certain products, completing random surveys, etc.
Each time you complete a task, a small about of Bitcoin drips from the website into your Bitcoin wallet. A few Bitcoin casinos offer Bitcoins in exchange for you completing certain tasks. Some noteworthy websites are Bitvest Casino, BetFury Casino, and TrustDice Casino.
🚦 The Official Stance on Bitcoin in South Africa
South Africa recognizes cryptocurrencies as an investment and taxable income. South Africa has many different laws enforced to regulate crypto and thwart fraud, money laundering, etc., via crypto. The bottom line is that cryptocurrencies are legal for trading and online casino gaming at licensed casinos within South Africa.
Summary: Final Word (Personal Author Experience With Bitcoin Casinos)
As a fan and owner of cryptocurrencies, playing at Bitcoin casinos has been a great experience for me. Going back to non-Bitcoin online casinos and traditional modes of payment seem so cumbersome now that I’ve got a taste for the speed and privacy of Bitcoin casinos.
Having said that, choosing the right Bitcoin casino is important, and safety should be your number one priority when choosing a casino. Check out their licences and reputation to ensure you're playing at a Bitcoin casino that's safe and fair.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Are Bitcoin casinos safe?
Yes, as long as you choose a Bitcoin casino that is licensed, trustworthy, and reputed, you are in safe hands. Since Bitcoin offers anonymity, and privacy and has a cryptographic nature, they are even safer than other modes of online payment.
Is Bitcoin gambling legal?
This will depend on where you live and the laws of the land. In South Africa, Bitcoin gambling is legal so long as you do it at licensed/permitted online casinos.
What is a Bitcoin casino with no deposit bonus?
A Bitcoin casino no deposit bonus is when a Bitcoin casino rewards you with a small amount of BTC or a certain number of free spins when registering an account with the casino. A deposit from your side is not required to receive this type of bonus.
Why should I play with Bitcoin casinos?
There are many perks to playing at Bitcoin casinos. This includes but is not limited to – fast transaction speeds, low processing fees, superior privacy, and anonymity, etc.
Can I Play Bitcoin Casino Games for Free?
Yes, many Bitcoin casinos offer their games in free or demo mode, and you can play such games for free.
How do I get a Bitcoin e-wallet?
Getting a Bitcoin e-wallet is simple.
- You do not have to download it to your computer or mobile device.
- You can buy a bitcoin e-wallet.
- There are a large number of them available for free as well.
- Sign up with the e-wallet by providing the required information.
- Please set a password to access the private key; it is as simple as that.
Get in on the action
Sign up now for the latest bonuses, promotions, and new online casinos.
Have You Found What You're Looking for?
Your feedback is paramount!