What is a Ripple Casino?
To better understand a Ripple Casino, we must first shed light on Ripple, the cryptocurrency. If you’re already familiar with the Ripple network and its token XRP, you might want to skip ahead.
Ripple Labs Inc. developed Ripple in the US and was officially launched in 2021. Like Bitcoin and Ethereum, Ripple is considered a cryptocurrency. However, there are several facets to Ripple that make it distinct.
The token of value used on this network is called XRP. Essentially, Ripple is a real-time gross settlement network that facilitates, amongst other things, the transfer of money, currency trading and acts as a remittance network.
Unlike Bitcoin, where proof of work is required for the block to be integrated successfully into the blockchain, Ripple is based on the consensus of each node on the network. Once all nodes reach a consensus, the transaction is approved and added to the ledger. Since no proof of work is required, the Ripple network is much more capable than Bitcoin or Ethereum in terms of the number of transactions it can process. In a single second, Ripple can process over 1,500 transactions which is much beyond what Bitcoin (6 per second) and Ethereum (15 per second) are capable of.
Best Casinos That Accept Ripple
🔔 Advertising Disclosure: playcasino.co.za contains affiliate links to partner sites. By clicking these links and making a deposit PlayCasino may earn a commission. This does not impact bonuses or result in extra charges for players. Our reviews and recommendations remain impartial.
Payout:Within 12 hours
Here are some highlights of a Ripple casino that one should be aware of:
- In comparison to traditional payment methods, Ethereum deposits and withdrawals are not only quick but also affordable.
- By banking at the casino using Ether, players may play their favourite games for real money while maintaining a high level of anonymity and privacy.
- Players who deposit using Ethereum at online casinos may be eligible for special Ethereum bonuses.
- Ethereum casinos often provide a variety of casino games, some of which may be exclusive crypto games.
- Trusted Ethereum casinos will utilize a random number generator technique to ensure that all of their games are provably fair.
Ripple Casino Bonuses
The bonus system offered by casino operators is one of the most crucial components of online gaming in this day and age. This is so widespread among online casinos that those who do not provide any appealing incentives have a difficult time attracting new users.
Some of the main categories of bonuses you can find at Ripple casinos are listed below.
No Deposit Ripple Casino Bonuses
Both gamers and casino operators benefit from the no deposit bonus. It is a very powerful tool for the operator to attract new signups. A no deposit bonus is a terrific method for players at a new casino to play real money games for free and potentially win real money without taking any risks. All that is required for the player to claim this bonus is to successfully establish an account with the casino. No deposit bonuses can be divided into two categories:
- When a player registers for an account with a casino, they are awarded a set quantity of XRP as a no deposit bonus. This type of no deposit bonus is referred to as No deposit free cash.
- On the other hand, we have no deposit free spins, where instead of receiving free XRPs for signing up, the player is awarded a certain number of free spins that may be utilized to play qualified slot games for free.
Deposit Ripple Casino Bonuses
A deposit bonus is an incentive given to a player for making a suitable deposit. The bonus terms and conditions outline what constitutes an eligible deposit. The following are some examples of deposit Ripple casino bonuses:
- Welcome deposit bonus: To all new players, a casino welcome bonus is granted at registration, generally in exchange for a deposit. As a result, it's also known as an online casino welcome bonus or a first deposit bonus. This type of bonus is not to be mistaken with the welcome sign-up bonus where no deposit is required.
- Match Bonus: A match bonus is very similar to the casino welcome deposit bonus described above, except for the fact that the player does not necessarily have to be a new player and the match bonus doesn’t always have to be part of the welcome package. A regular match bonus can very well be offered to existing players even long after they’ve claimed their welcome package.
- Cashback Bonus: Players at online casinos are frequently offered reimbursements to encourage them to keep playing or to reward them for their loyalty. These reimbursements go by a variety of names, the most prevalent of which are casino cashback and bonuses. Individual deposit cash backs are normally given out as soon as the deposit is made. Cashbacks are usually sticky bonuses, which means you can't cash them out unless and until you've completed the wagering requirements.
- Referral Bonus: When you refer a friend to the site, the casino will either pay you a deposit-matching referral bonus depending on what they deposit or free cash for a pre-specified amount. Simply follow their directions on how to invite your buddy, which usually involves providing a link that's specific to your invitation or using a referral code. Once your friend uses the link or code, signs up and makes a deposit, you’re all set to receive your referral bonus.
No Wagering Ripple Casino Bonuses
Most bonuses include terms that stipulate that the consumer may only reap the advantages if they wager a particular amount of their own money. This bonus term/condition is called play-through or wagering requirements.
In some cases, though, casinos will take a leap of faith and offer bonuses without any wagering requirements for a short period. Such bonuses are truly free cash and players are always on the hunt for zero wagering or no wagering casino bonuses.
Reload Ripple Casino Bonuses
A reload bonus is a type of match bonus that we have already gone over. When you ‘reload’ your account with funds, you are privy to a reload bonus. The casino may have conditions outlining how much you must reload, when you must reload, and other requirements to claim the reload bonus successfully. Technically, any deposit made after the welcome bonus deposits is regarded as a reload deposit.
Loyalty Rewards at Ripple Casinos
Casino loyalty programs reward engaged players. To begin, a point-based loyalty program allows you to earn points by playing real money casino games on the site. Then, based on the number of points, you progress through the loyalty club or VIP club to higher levels. In most loyalty clubs, the higher the level, the better the incentives.
While some casinos allow you to exchange your loyalty points for free casino credits, others will reward you with exclusive perks such as VIP only bonuses, in-person VIP events, a dedicated account manager, expedited cashouts, higher withdrawal limits, birthday surprises, cashbacks and more.
How to Deposit and Withdraw Funds at Ripple Casinos
If you’ve used any cryptocurrency to make a deposit at an online casino before, then you may already have an idea of what it involves and using XRP is not much different either. So, players that have used BTC or ETH for deposits and withdrawals will be able to hit the ground running if they decide to play at Ripple casinos instead. However, if you haven’t used cryptos at online casinos or you haven’t dabbled in crypto at all, you are going to need a few things to start:
- Firstly, you will want to open an account at a casino that supports Ripple.
- Next, you will want to open an account with a trusted Ripple wallet service (preferably one that integrates seamlessly with the Ripple casino you have signed up with).
- And lastly, you will need to purchase some XRP, which you can use to make deposits at the casino through your Ripple wallet.
Once you’ve got these things in line, making a deposit using Ripple is pretty simple. While the process may vary insignificantly at different casinos, the general steps involved are as follows:
- After logging in, go to the cashier, go to the deposit section, and select cryptocurrency. Finally, choose Ripple from the list of options or the drop-down list.
- Key in your deposit amount in XRP and if you have a coupon code for a deposit bonus, you can enter that in the relevant field too.
- The casino may display a QR code which you can scan with your smartphone to copy the casino's crypto wallet address. If not, you can go to your ripple wallet and manually type in the casino's ripple wallet address and initiate the deposit.
- Once you receive the confirmation, you will have your funds available in your casino cashier account in mere minutes.
If you wish to withdraw your casino winnings using XRP, here’s how to go about it:
- First of all, you want to ensure that you have a positive withdrawable balance in your casino cashier. You also want to confirm that the balance you wish to withdraw is not a locked bonus balance.
- Once you are logged in to your Ripple casino account, visit the cashier section and then navigate to the withdrawal tab or page
- From the list of available withdrawal methods, choose crypto and/or Ripple
- Then, proceed to enter the amount you wish to withdraw and then enter your Ripple wallet’s public address in the field where you are prompted for it
- Confirm that your ripple wallet address is correct before submitting the withdrawal request
- Once the casino’s finance department reviews your withdrawal request and approves it within their specified withdrawal pending period, you will receive the amount in your Ripple wallet just minutes after approval.
Most Popular Games at Ripple Casinos
The only thing that makes an online casino a Ripple casino is the simple fact that it recognizes and supports XRP. Therefore, the game library at a Ripple casino is comparable to most web casinos. Usually, Ripple casinos offer a multi-vendor game library, but sometimes, all games are sourced from a single vendor (like in the case of Realtime Gaming casinos).
The game library, its quality and quantity are directly dependent on which Ripple casino you sign up with. Some of the most popular categories of games at Ripple casinos include slots, progressive jackpots, table games, video poker, live dealer games, etc.
Below, we give you an overview of the most common types of games found at Ripple casinos.
This category is usually the most populous at nearly every online casino. Slot games are the most popular among the players because they are so easy to play, highly entertaining, and give players a good chance of winning hefty jackpots. At the same time, they are also loved by online casino operators since these games have a higher house edge than table games and so, they fetch the casino the most amount of revenue.
Slots are reel-based games where there are various symbols and the only thing the player has to do is set the bet amount and then press the spin button. The reels start spinning and come to a halt, depending on how the symbols line up, you may or may not win.
Game developers create slots premised on all sorts of popular themes to attract fans of certain franchises. This is why you may find many slots based on popular video games, comic books, movies, etc.
Progressive jackpots are a category of games that include both slots and table games. However, irrespective of whether it is a slot or a table game, a progressive jackpot game will have an accumulative top prize which is not a pre-determined amount but instead an ever-growing sum that grows larger with every bet made on the game.
Essentially, a certain percentage of every wager placed on the game is added to the jackpot value. Sometimes, the jackpot can grow up to multiple millions of dollars and some lucky player gets to win it and walk away with it. Once the jackpot is won, the value is reset to a base jackpot minimum and the accumulation starts all over again right away.
The phrase 'table game' refers to games of chance played at a casino, such as blackjack, craps, roulette, and baccarat. These games are played against the dealer or the house and not against other casino players like in poker. While slots are purely luck-based, table games are a mixture of luck and skill.
Table games also have a higher RTP and lower house edge when compared to slots which make them preferable options for strategic players that understand the rules of the game and how to play wisely. Even if you are not well-versed with the strategies, you can still just have a go at table games and could get lucky just like with slots. That’s why table games are fun for both rookies and seasoned table game veterans.
Live Dealer Games
Online games featuring a human dealer are known as live dealer games. In live dealer games, you may play your favourite game from the comfort of your own home while still getting a fully realistic and engaging gaming experience. Unlike traditional online casino games, live dealer games are broadcast, and you play with a live dealer on the screen.
These games are a fusion of the best parts of online casino gaming and the best parts of land-based casino gaming. You get to enjoy the conveniences of online gaming while also indulging in the social connection of land-based gaming.
How to Choose a Ripple Gambling Site or Casino
If you want to have a safe, enjoyable and high-quality gaming experience, we would suggest taking some time to research the casino and not to rush and sign up with any casino that accepts XRP.
So, how do you go about selecting the right casino? Well, a lot of it is about personal choice and preferences. A casino should be able to provide for your unique gaming requirements, whether that is providing the types of games you like or other features suited to your needs. Having said that, there are a few basic factors that you must take into account before signing up and investing money at a casino.
Here are some of the things you should look for:
- Game collection: A trustworthy casino should provide a diverse selection of games to meet the demands of most gamers. Each player has their own preferences in terms of what they want to play. As a result, if you want to have a pleasant casino experience, you must be able to locate your favourite game quickly. Many casinos allow users to play real money slots before registering. This allows you to look for games you think you'll enjoy.
- Reputation: It is important to read up reviews about a casino and find out what other players have to say about it. You want to read reviews at independent third-party review websites and real casino player forums. This way, if there are any issues with the casino, you will be aware of them before investing your money. Choosing a well-established casino that is reliable, trustworthy, and fair is obviously of great importance when money is on the line.
- Bonus Offers: Bonuses are how casinos attract players and get them to sign up or stay active on the platform. When there is a bonus offer, there are also accompanying terms and conditions and sometimes the bonus is not worth claiming at all. Therefore, if you’re looking for a casino that is offering good bonuses, the only way you can really understand the value of the bonus being marketed is by reading the bonus terms and conditions.
- Support for XRP and other payment options: So, you want to be able to use XRP for deposits and withdrawals at an online casino and you have found such a casino. However, it would also be in your best interest to check what other alternative payment methods they have. Even though you prefer using XRP, there could be various unforeseen situations when you may have to make a deposit using another mode of payment, such as a credit card or an e-wallet. Additionally, you want to choose a casino that has reasonable withdrawal time frames and limits.
- Licensing and operator details: Most casinos will transparently publish their license number and the name of the operating company right on the website footer. Players can independently verify the license details directly with the license issuers to make sure the license is legitimate and currently valid. Choosing a licensed casino offers a base layer of surety and protection to the player.
- Customer support: Providing assistance to players is an absolute must these days. The most prevalent communication methods are live chat, email, and phone. A reputable casino reacts rapidly to client inquiries and resolves issues as fast as possible. When choosing a good Ripple casino, you will want to pick one that has 24/7 support hours.
Online Casino Software Providers that Accept Ripple
Ripple is a very popular payment method amongst online casino gamers because of certain niche advantages it offers, particularly in the context of gaming. Therefore, online casinos have been quick to onboard XRP and try to get XRP holders to sign up with their casinos.
If you’re looking for a casino where you can not only use XRP for deposits and withdrawals but also as the default currency within games, then you must know that not all game developers create games that recognize XRP. However, thankfully, a handful of developers do have certain games where in-game monetary values are depicted in XRPs.
Some noteworthy game providers that offer in-game XRP features include top dogs such as Microgaming, Playtech, NetEnt and Realtime Gaming.
Pros of Ripple Gambling
Some distinct advantages of Ripple are as follows:
- Signing up with a crypto exchange or wallet that supports XRP only takes mere minutes
- Account management and registering an account are usually free at such platforms. However, a nominal commission may be charged for trades
- You can use your smartphone to deposit and withdraw Ripple from and to your online casino cashier account
- Ripple transfers overseas are just as fast as local transfers since it does not go through a bank. It is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, anywhere on the globe.
- Ripple deposits and withdrawals at most casinos are free of processing fees and payments are credited instantly
- Ripple is one of the fastest networks and can handle substantially more transactions per second than Bitcoin or even Ethereum
Cons of Ripple Gambling
There are hardly any drawbacks of using Ripple, however, if we are nit-picking, then there are a couple of things about Ripple that we could dress up as cons.
- Unlike Bitcoin or Ethereum, Ripple does not run on a blockchain and is not truly decentralized as there is a central authority figure involved, much like a bank (only in this case, the authority is the company that developed Ripple).
- Volatility: this drawback is not unique to Ripple but to all cryptocurrencies. The value of XRP can fluctuate up or down substantially in short intervals of time.
Mobile Ripple Casinos
The Safety of Ripple Gambling
When determining a casino's dependability, the first thing to consider is its safety and security. Online casinos are safer than ever before thanks to contemporary technology. Each casino employs different technologies to guarantee a secure playing environment. To protect user data, an ideal online casino, for example, utilizes an encrypted system amongst other things like firewalls, secure servers, etc.
They also make use of secure payment systems to conduct financial transactions in a secure manner. These items must be double-checked ahead of time. Many casinos also have a trust seal and an SSL certificate, which you can verify on their websites.
Provably Fair Ripple Casinos
When we think of cheating in the context of casinos, we tend to imagine the players being the cheats. However, especially in an online casino environment, how does one know for sure that the casino isn’t in fact cheating them? It would be very easy for a casino to simply play around with the code of a game to increase the house edge further than what is published and put you at a further disadvantage.
Provably fair games can make a big difference in this situation. Players are given tools that allow them to check if a game's conclusion was actually fair, and they may do so for each round of the game if they want to.
Ripple Wallets Available to South African Users
A Ripple wallet is an electronic wallet where you can store your XRPs and transfer them around to other wallets, and in some cases, trade them for other cryptos or fiat currencies. Some of the most trusted and well–established Ripple wallet services available to South African players are
Ripple Casino Sites with a Faucet Feature
Although rare, some XRP friendly online casino websites allow players to earn XRPs for accomplishing certain tasks such as completing captchas, filling out surveys, answering quizzes, watching adverts, downloading and playing games etc. This type of functionality is called the faucet (kind of like a leaky faucet that leaks XRPs instead of water).
Summary: Author's Personal Experience With Ripple Casinos
XRP might get a bad rap from hardcore crypto heads for not being a purist cryptocurrency since it is not really decentralized like BTC or ETH. However, if you can look past that, XRP makes for the perfect online gambling currency, particularly because the value of 1 XRP, currently, is something you can wrap your head around quickly. You always have a general idea of how much money you are dealing with when playing with XRP.
I also found the low fees, exclusive XRP bonuses, and high processing speeds in particular great advantages to gambling with Ripple.
Are Ripple casinos safe?
Yes, Ripple has been around since 2012 and is a well-known and widely traded cryptocurrency. It is very safe to use XRP at online casinos provided that you are dealing with a casino that is licensed, trusted and fair.
Is Ripple gambling legal?
In South Africa, Ripple is seen as a taxable asset and is therefore legal. Online gambling, too, is regulated and legal. So online gambling with Ripple is not a violation of any law. However, this could vary in other jurisdictions.
Can I get XRP no-deposit bonuses?
Many XRP casinos offer no deposit bonuses where you get a nifty amount of XRPs or free spins just for signing up. So, the answer is yes.
Are there any fees when using Ripple?
XRP does not have a transfer fee levied by the Ripple network. However, the casino may set certain transaction handling fees in some cases.
How fast are Ripple deposits and withdrawals?
The Ripple network is faster than Bitcoin and Ethereum in terms of how many transactions it can process in a second. The deposit and withdrawal timeframe will depend on the payment policy of the particular XRP casino in question.
Get in on the action
Sign up now for the latest bonuses, promotions, and new online casinos.
Have You Found What You're Looking for?
Your feedback is paramount!