Gaming Labs International (GLI) has given its certification to the betting technology supplier, OPTIMA. This enables OPTIMA to deliver its award-winning platform, OPTIMAMGS to the regulated South African betting industry.
OPTIMA can now offer its retail products in Gauteng, KwaZulu-Natal and the Cape, as well as online.
One of the group’s policies is to operate only in regulated gambling markets. It now has certification to operate in countries such as France, Spain, the United Kingdom, Malta, Gibraltar, Romania, Bulgaria and now South Africa.
The chief executive officer of OPTIMA, Jacob Lopez, expressed the group’s pleasure in receiving certification from GLI.
“It gives us assurance not only that we can operate in South Africa, but also that the highest level of compliance has been met and we are prepared to service the country’s operators immediately, with a very quick and effective time to market,” he said.
Lopez said that OPTIMA expects to receive GLI-33 certification before the end of June as part of the company’s global expansion strategy.
Last year, the Trade and Industry committee in South Africa adopted the National Gambling Amendment Act, a bill that has been discussed since 2016. After many years of discussions, clarifications and negotiations, the parliamentary committee was only able to focus the act on three main issues:
• The transfer of gambling regulatory oversight to the newly created National Gambling Regulator
• The expansion of the National Central Electronic Monitoring System which monitors all types of gambling activity in South Africa
• The improvement of governance at the National Gambling Policy Council.
In the meantime, South Africans can find information about the best and most trusted online casinos and betting sites by examining the recommendations made at PlayCasino.co.za. The site provides an all-inclusive gambling guide revolving around the South African online gambling industry and has a special section about gambling in other parts of Africa too. Local players can find gaming sites that allow payment in ZAR, and mobile-compatible play using devices such as Blackberry, Windows, Apple, Android and more.
South African players have the opportunity to play at licensed, regulated, and legal online casinos, that cater especially to them. The sites bring with them a huge selection of games, as well as the chance to pay using a banking method of their choice.
Our current list of top 10 casinos online can be found here
Playcasino.co.za is the no1 online gambling guide for South African players. If you’re looking for the best online casinos look no further.
Best Casinos Recommended by our Users
- R350 Free No Deposit Bonus + R11, 500 Welcome BonusSpringbok Casino ReviewCurrenciesZARBTCCoupon Code:
- R375 Free No Deposit Bonus + R24,000 Welcome BonusEuropa Casino ReviewCurrenciesZAREURGBPUSD
- R200 Free No Deposit Bonus + R3,000 Bonus & 100 SpinsSpin247 Casino ReviewSpin247 Casino4.5/5CurrenciesZARCADEURUSD