GETTING STARTED WITH ONLINE GAMBLING
Are you new to online gambling? Do you feel a little confused by the hundreds of online gaming sites offering you free money? Do you feel a little uneasy about using your credit card online? If the answer is yes then our beginner's guide to online gaming will put your mind at rest and will explain how to avoid the pitfalls of gambling online and give you the confidence to play like a pro!!
The first thing you should know is that online casinos operate in a very similar way to regular casinos. You deposit your stake money either from your credit card or other e-wallets and the casino uses random number generators to determine the outcome of the casino games. Only players over the age of 18 are permitted to gamble.
Click Here To Learn How To Get Started Playing At South African Casinos
1. Know Your Online Gambling LawsThe very first thing you should check before sitting down in front of your computer and launching that online casino software is whether or not online gambling is legal in your area or country. Contact your local authorities first if you’re not sure.
2. Learn About The Casino And Be CuriousBefore downloading any online casino or deciding to play their Non Download/Flash version, do a bit of research and ask yourself the following questions : Is it a newly opened casino or an old one ? What is the company owning and running them? Where are they licensed? What are the rules, and what are the different banking policies (deposits and withdrawals)? What is the policy concerning the use of bonuses ? Can I contact someone if I need help ? It's a proof of good business practice.
3. Play For Free FirstWhichever type of casino you find yourself playing, you will almost certainly be given the option of playing for free or playing for real money. Play for free to start with and get a feel for the casino games before diving in the deep end. You may have to set up an 'account' to play for real (don't worry, they can't debit your card or anything if you don't give them the details); this is 'normal' and more to do with the software than anything else. When you do decide to play for real, you may find that you need to open another account. Again, this is normal and separates your free plays from your paying plays at the casino end. Make sure you log in to the correct account each time you come back and play. Some casinos even offer you a free no deposit bonus to try out the Play for Real version, so you may want to look out for them.
4. The Online Offers and BonusesMost of the online casinos today – if not all – give out huge bonuses to new players, and even to existing players. It’s not rare to see casinos giving out free bonus money of more than R1,000. The reason why online casinos can offer bonuses like this is simply because they have a much lower overhead cost. Less staff, less equipment etc. It is very important that you read the terms and conditions which are either mentioned on the web site or included in your email offer, since these bonuses are always subject to certain playing conditions before you can actually cash out. If you are unsure of the terminology used on the website, contact their support and ask for a clearer explanation of the rules, providing a few examples.
It is very important thing to check out how the casino pays out winnings. How long will it take to get your winnings, what methods are available for you to recieve your funds, will you incur any charge or fees? You might get lucky and hit a Jackpot, so it would be a wise if you knew beforehand what payout options are available to you, costs to receive the funds (if any) and their time frames.
6. The SupportIt’s a very good idea to check first how the casino customer support works and how it handles problems before you sign up and deposit your money. Are they efficient, knowledgeable & helpful? When and how will they be available? You should be able to reach them by phone and email. If the casino has live chat support offered, so much better. Do they provide a toll free number to contact them? The casino’s website should have all this information. Most support centres do operate 24/7/365.
Our PlayCasino team has reviewed a number of online casinos, and we have compiled a complete South African Online Casino directory. All the information in the reviews is there to help you, so we suggest that you read the reviews for some pointers to help you decide which casino to join. Online casino gambling is here to stay — it’s fun, always available, and you have more of a chance of winning than you do at a land-based casino. Good Luck and remember, Winners Know When To Stop.