You can now play baccarat online for free or try real money baccarat for exciting payouts. Bet on the Banker or Player to see who gets closest to 9. And with great side bets like Perfect Pair, you can have even more fun at our best online casinos.
Aside from our free baccarat game, we also have an exclusive guide on playing baccarat online. Discover the best baccarat casino sites, learn how to play, and receive quick tips on beating the house.
Are you a Baccarat Enthusiast? Or are you just looking to learn Baccarat from scratch? Either way, look no further because this page has all the information you need and more. Not only do we present a ready-to-play list of the best Baccarat online casinos in South Africa for 2022, but we’ve also got expert advice on how to play Baccarat and win!
At PlayCasino, we take pride in being specialists in online gambling, be it games or bonuses. Our team carefully tests and evaluates each casino before it appears on our website. Every casino recommended here holds a valid license.
Keep reading and become a pro in Baccarat!
The Best Real Money Online Baccarat Sites in South Africa
🔔 Advertising Disclosure: playcasino.co.za contains links to partner websites. When a visitor clicks a link and makes a purchase at a partner site, PlayCasino is paid a commission. Affiliate links and commissions do not impact bonuses and come at no additional cost to players. Our opinion of the casino always remains unbiased in our recommendations.
How We Chose the Best Online Baccarat Casinos
PlayCasino uses a standardized selection process to choose the best Baccarat online casinos. Apart from having fantastic Baccarat titles, we also make sure the casino meets various other criteria.
Below, we go over some of the important factors we consider when shortlisting the best SA-friendly Baccarat online casinos:
- Game Library: For the list on this webpage, we have focused mainly on the quality and diversity of Baccarat games featured at the casino. However, this does not mean the casinos fall short on other types of games.
- Bonus Rules: Many online casinos are known to have sneaky bonus terms and conditions. Players are usually oblivious to these bonus terms until they actually try to withdraw their bonus funds. Before we shortlist a casino, we read all the fine print and ensure the bonus rules are reasonable and fair.
- Banking Options: If you want to win money by playing Baccarat online, you will need to be able to wager real money and cash out as well. The casinos we recommend offer a variety of banking options for all types of players. The selection usually includes credit/debit cards, e-wallets, bank wire transfers, EasyEFT and occasionally even cryptocurrencies.
- Safety and Security: You are safe when you sign up with one of the casinos listed on this page. These casinos are fully SSL encrypted, they’ve got robust privacy policies in place and they offer secure banking methods.
- Reputation: We test each casino thoroughly before recommending it, but that’s not enough in our books. We go one step further and even read all existing reviews and complaints pertaining to the casino. We want to make sure the casino is reputable and there are no red flags.
- Ease of Use: You don’t have to be a tech guru in order to play at these casinos. These websites have been designed for everyday players and even the non-tech savvy will be able to use the services easily.
How to Play Baccarat Online
Before you start to enjoy rounds of profitable baccarat, there is a little bit of a setup phase that you need to complete. Thankfully, this is not a very time-consuming process. The setup involves two main steps, namely, registration and deposit.
Below, we provide detailed instructions on how to register and how to deposit.
- Choose any baccarat casino from the list of recommended casinos above
- Once you make your selection, click on the casino link provided in the list and you will be taken directly to the casino website
- On the casino website, click on the register/sign-up/join button
- A registration form will appear with various fields
- Fill up all the personal details, contact details and account details requested on the form accurately
- Fill up any other information requested on the form
- Submit the registration form
- Your casino account is now open
- After you’ve logged in to your new account, click on the cashier icon or button
- Choose the deposit tab or option
- A list of available deposit options will be presented. Click on the deposit method you prefer to use to make the payment
- Fill up the details requested
- Fill up the deposit amount
- Continue as per the prompts until the deposit transaction is approved and you get a confirmation message of the same
You’re now all set to play Baccarat for real money. Visit the game lobby and choose the Baccarat game category. In most cases, Baccarat games are considered “table games”. Click on any Baccarat game and start playing.
How to Play Free Baccarat
- If you’re new to Baccarat or playing online, it is advised that you play a few rounds of Free Baccarat to get the hang of things.
- Not all casinos allow free-play for baccarat, so you will first need to find one from our list that does allow it.
- After you’ve signed up with the casino, log in to your account and go to the table games section or directly to the baccarat section, if available.
- Hover your mouse pointer over the baccarat game thumbnail
- You will see two options – play for real and play for fun. Play for fun can also be called ‘demo’ mode
- Click on the play for fun button and then you will be able to play baccarat without spending any of your cash
- Note: You cannot win real money when playing this way
Another way to play Baccarat for free is by using bonus funds; however, since Baccarat has a low house edge, most casinos will have bonus terms that don’t allow you to play Baccarat this way.
Baccarat Online Rules
Baccarat is a straightforward game in which players can wager on one of three types of bets: Banker, Player, or Tie. To gamble, lay your chips in one of these betting sports, and the dealer will take over.
Betting Options in Baccarat
The player places a wager at the start of the game. There are three different ways to bet. Bets can be placed on the "player," "banker," and/or "tie" positions.
The house has a massive 14.4% edge on tie bets. A player's victory is rewarded with a 1-1 payment. The banker's side earns 1-1 as well, but the house receives a 5% fee. Depending on the casino website, payments for a tie range from 9-1 to 11-1.
Baccarat Terminology Explained
When you’re new to Baccarat, there are a few important Glossary terms to be aware of. We’ve picked a few noteworthy ones and defined them below for your reference.
- Banco: In Spanish, Banco means ‘banker’. Regarding Baccarat, Banco refers to the player who has the card shoe and is the one dealing the cards.
- Burn: When the top 3 to 6 cards are voided from the game after the deck is shuffled and before the next round starts.
- Callman: This is also called ‘Caller’. Some Baccarat tables have more than one dealer. In such cases, the dealer tasked with handing the cards is called the Callman.
- Face card: In Baccarat, all Jack, Queen and King cards are known as face cards.
- La Grande: The best hand in Baccarat is called 'La Grande,' which means 'The Big One' in French. Because it totals nine, this is the most coveted hand.
The Best Baccarat Strategies
Baccarat boasts the lowest house edge of any casino game without a strategy - assuming you place the appropriate bets. How do you place the best bet for the situation? Well, there are a few laid-out strategies you can follow.
These strategies give you the best odds of winning at that point in time.
Learning all the Baccarat strategies and knowing when to use which one is another topic that deserves a page. However, we’ve introduced the three main types below for your reference.
- Positive betting strategy: In this strategy, the player increases their bet value after each winning bet. This way, you make the most of a good winning streak. When you eventually lose, you go back to a base bet value and start over. There are two specific systems under this type of strategy – the Paroli and Parlay systems.
- Negative betting strategy: In contrast to the positive strategy, you will increase the stake value after every loss in the negative strategy. Four main systems fall under this type of strategy – the Martingale system D’Alembert system, Fibonacci system and Labouchere system.
- Flat betting strategy: Baccarat money management requires players to calculate their bankroll before wagering no more than 1% to 2% of their bankroll every round. With flat betting, you may decide on a 1% to 2% stake ahead of time and adhere to it during the baccarat session. Mathematical simulations have shown that the flat betting strategy could be more beneficial to the player than negative or positive strategies.
The Most Popular Baccarat Variations
The four most prominent variations are Punto Banco, Baccarat Chemin de Fer, Mini Baccarat and Baccarat Banque. The last one is also known as à deux tableaux.
- Punto Banco: Punto Banco is one of the most popular baccarat variants since it mimics the traditional version of the game closely. Six normal 52-card decks are used in the game. There can be up to 12 players and 3 dealers.
- Baccarat Chemin de Fer: This baccarat variation is mostly played in France. The only significant distinction between traditional baccarat and this version is that instead of competing against the dealer, players compete against one another. Participants usually take turns being the banker using six normal decks of cards. Any player at the table may announce a Banco. This suggests they'd be willing to spend the same amount as the banker.
- Baccarat Banque: The dealer is picked at the start of each round, which is one of the distinguishing features of this variation, also known as Deux tableaux. The dealer is usually the first player to enter the game or the one who has placed the greatest wager.
- Mini Baccarat: Mini Baccarat is very similar to Punto Banco except for the following: it is faster-paced, the stakes are lower and the table itself is smaller. This variant is great for hobby players with a shoestring budget who want to play a couple of quick rounds.
Real Money vs Free Online Baccarat
To play baccarat for real money online, being a registered member of the online casino is mandatory. You should be of legal gambling age as defined in your jurisdiction.
In free-play baccarat, you can play without having to invest. You are playing with virtual coins that don’t hold any real monetary value. In free-play mode, it is not possible to win real money.
Baccarat Online Bonuses
Since Baccarat has the lowest house edge compared to all other types of casino games, online casinos generally tend to disallow any bonuses on these games since that would give the player even more of an advantage.
Playing Online Baccarat on Mobile
All the casinos listed on our website are mobile-friendly. You need not worry about downloading and installing an app to play on your smartphone or tablet. To play on mobile, you need to:
- Use any mobile browser app such as Google Chrome or Safari
- Go to the casino website
- Login to your account or sign up if you don’t have an account
- Deposit if you don’t have sufficient funds to play
- Choose any of the featured Baccarat games and start playing
Games Similar to Baccarat Online
There are two casino card games which are rather similar to Baccarat, these are Blackjack and Spanish 21. Blackjack and Baccarat are referred to as cousins due to some of their similarities.
In Blackjack, you play vs. the dealer and whoever comes closest to the number 21 without going bust is the winner.
Spanish 21 is a lot like Blackjack, but it is played with decks of 48 cards, known as Spanish decks. In Spanish 21, if the player and dealer both attain 21’s, the player always trumps the dealer.
FAQs about the Best Baccarat Online Casinos
What is online Baccarat?
Baccarat is a simple card game where there are only three bets to choose from. This game can be played online at licensed online casinos for real money or for fun and it is referred to as online baccarat.
Where can I play Baccarat?
On this page, we have a list of the best online casinos where South African players can play real-money Baccarat games in a safe and secure manner.
Does card counting work in Baccarat?
Card counting can work in Baccarat, but the profits you will gain are simply not worth the effort. This is why card counting is usually associated with Blackjack and not Baccarat.
Is Baccarat easy to learn?
Yes, Baccarat is a very simple game. You simply bet on whether the player will win, the dealer will win or whether it will be a tie. You can learn the ropes by just playing a few rounds in demo mode.
What are my odds of winning in Baccarat?
The exact odds can vary depending on the version of Baccarat. Generally, a banker bet has a house edge of 1.06%. A player bet has a house edge of 1.25% and a tie bet has a house edge of 14.36%.
Can I play Baccarat online for free?
Yes, some casinos will offer free-play or demo-play baccarat games where you can play with virtual coins without having to spend any money.
Get in on the action
Sign up now for the latest bonuses, promotions, and new online casinos.
Have You Found What You're Looking for?
Your feedback is paramount!