Revolut is a payment provider that was launched in 2015 by a former trader who was agitated with having to pay high fees for international transactions.
During its formative years, Revolut was nothing more than a prepaid card with an integrated mobile app. Fast forward to today and Revolut has a lot more to offer. In their own words, Revolut is “one app for all things money”.
It allows its 16 million+ users around the world to manage their expenses, make hassle-free online payments, receive hassle-free payments, gain travel perks and investments, earn interest, track day-to-day spending, buy crypto, buy gold and silver, and even book travel and lodging.
Top South African Revolute Casinos
🔔 Advertising Disclosure: playcasino.co.za contains affiliate links to partner sites. By clicking these links and making a deposit PlayCasino may earn a commission. This does not impact bonuses or result in extra charges for players. Our reviews and recommendations remain impartial.
What is a Revolut Casino?
In a nutshell, any online casino that supports Revolut as a banking option can be classified as a Revolut casino.
As far as online casino gaming is concerned, Revolut is not as popular (yet) as staple payment systems such as credit cards and e-wallets. However, an increasing number of South African players are starting to onboard the Revolut train because of the many undeniable benefits it comes with. Below, we highlight some of the primary perks of using Revolut, specifically in the context of online casino gaming.
Perks of using Revolut at an Online Casino:
- Revolut is designed intuitively and is highly user-friendly
- The interface is practical and succinct, with fast performance
- Can hold multiple currencies
- The Revolut free plan is sufficient for the purpose of making online casino payments
- Works with popular credit and debit cards
- Supports South African Rands for payments and for top-ups
- Fully end-to-end encrypted transactions that are 100% secure
Bonuses at Revolut Casinos
The Revolut casinos we’ve recommended here are some of the leading online gaming platforms in the industry today. Not only do they accept South African players and offer a number of SA-friendly features, but they also offer a windfall of profitable bonuses. Whether you’re new to these casinos or not, there are various bonus offers for all players regardless. A few bonuses are even exclusive to Revolut deposits, although rare to find. There are a variety of casino bonuses offered by Revolut casinos such as the welcome bonus, free spins, cashbacks, loyalty bonuses, tournaments, etc. However, the two most common Revolut casino bonuses include:
No Deposit Bonuses
A no deposit bonus usually forms part of the welcome package. In recent years, the no deposit bonus has become the single most sought-after type of casino bonus by players all around the globe, South Africa included. As the name implies, you get a bonus without even having to make a deposit. When you sign up with a Revolut casino offering a no deposit bonus, you will receive the bonus as soon as you complete the registration process and successfully open your new casino account. The bonus generally comes in two forms:
- No deposit free spins: You may receive free spins (usually in the range of 10-50 free spins) that you can use to play certain slot games for free. If you win any money playing with the free spins, it is yours to keep and you may even cashout the money provided you complete the wagering requirements
- No deposit free cash: In this type of no deposit bonus, the player gets free casino cash in his or her casino account as soon as the registration process is successfully completed. Using the free cash, the player can play slots, table games, or any other casino games allowed by the bonus terms and conditions. Just like the free spins, any money you win when playing with no deposit free cash is yours!
The deposit bonus is arguably the most common type of online casino bonus there is. Virtually any online casino welcome bonus is comprised of one or more deposit bonuses. While the welcome deposit bonus is reserved for new players, there are plenty of deposit bonuses for existing players as well.
The way a deposit bonus works is really pretty simple, when you make a deposit and claim the bonus – you receive a certain percentage of your deposit amount as a bonus. So, if you make a Revolut deposit of R100 and claim a 100% deposit bonus, then your casino account balance is topped up with the R100 you deposited and an additional R100 bonus fund. In order to withdraw bonus funds, you will first have to complete the wagering requirement as specified in the bonus terms and conditions.
Payments and Withdrawals at Revolut Casinos
Making a Revolut payment at an online casino is rather straightforward. In order to get started, there are a couple of requirements, these are:
- A Revolut virtual or physical card (you can use either one)
- An account with a Revolut supporting online casino
To make a deposit
Making a deposit using Revolut at an online casino is easy. In fact, if you’ve ever used your credit card to make a payment online, it is pretty much the exact same thing. When you sign up for a Revolut account, you will receive a free Revolut virtual card. If you wish, you can also order a physical card.
Once you have your Revolut virtual card number, you can make a deposit just as you would with any other Visa or Mastercard. Just like the majority of credit and debit cards, a Revolut card also has a 16-digit card number, cardholder’s name and a three-digit security code or CVV/CVC number at the back.
If you have both a Revolut virtual card and a physical card, you should know that the card numbers are different. This is so that if you have to block one of them, you can continue using the other. Here are step-by-step instructions on how to make a Revolut deposit at an online casino.
- Log in to the casino
- Go to the cashier section and click on the deposit option or tab
- A list of deposit banking methods is presented, if you see Revolut – click on that, otherwise, just choose Visa (if you have a Standard Revolut card)
- Now enter the amount that you wish to deposit and proceed to fill out the card number, expiration date, cardholder name and security code
- If you are prompted for any additional info, provide the info as prompted
- Proceed to submit the deposit request
- The transaction should be approved instantly and your money should be available in your casino account for you to play with in seconds
- You will also receive a Revolut app notification on your smart phone informing you of the transaction
To make a withdrawal
Online casino withdrawals work the same way for Revolut as they do for Visa or Mastercard. Generally, you can only choose your Revolut card as a withdrawal method on the basis of the original credit transfer. This means that you can only choose your Revolut card as a withdrawal method, provided that you have previously used it at the casino in order to make a deposit.
Using an original credit transfer, the online casino operator/merchant can make a payout to your Revolut account without needing access to any of your sensitive card or account information. If you wish to receive casino payouts in some other way and only use Revolut for deposits, that would be totally fine too.
Withdrawals to a Revolut card may take anywhere between 3-6 days for processing. The processing period begins once the withdrawal request has been approved, which itself may take 24-48 hours depending on the withdrawal pending period of your particular casino. Below are simple steps detailing how you can request a Revolut payout from an online casino:
- Log in to your casino account
- Ensure you have a sufficient real money balance that allows for a withdrawal
- If you wish to withdraw bonus funds, ensure you have completed any associated wagering requirements
- Go to the cashier section
- Click on the withdrawal tab
- Select Revolut from the list of withdrawal options
- Enter the amount you wish to withdraw
- Enter any other details you may be asked for and submit the withdrawal request
- You should receive a confirmation message that your withdrawal request has been placed
- You can check the status of your withdrawal request at any time by logging in to your casino account and visiting your “My Account” section
Does Revolut support South African Rands?
Yes, Revolut does recognize and support South African Rands as both an in-app currency as well as a top-up currency. You can make payments directly in South African Rands without having to incur any currency exchange fees. Revolut supports the following currencies – ZAR, AUD, BGN, CAD, CHF, CZK, DKK, EUR, GBP, HKD, HRK, HUF, JPY, NOK, PLN, RON, SEK, USD.
Is my money safe with Revolut?
Revolut is FCA regulated. Any money in your Revolut account is 100% safe and protected by regulated banks. Over 15 million people users Revolut around the world. All transactions are fully end-to-end encrypted with state-of-the-art SSL encryption.
How can I get a Revolut card?
Getting a Revolut virtual card is just a matter of minutes. You can open a free Revolut account within a couple of minutes by visiting their website. With your free account, you can also receive a Revolut virtual card which is sufficient for online casino gaming purposes. If you wish, you may also order a physical card but it will take a few days to reach your address.
What are the perks of using Revolut?
Revolut is one app for all things money. Apart from making easy online payments across international borders in multiple currencies without being subjected to surcharges and unfair currency exchange rates, you can also use the Revolut app to track expenses, save money, split expenses with group bills, invest in stocks and cryptocurrencies, etc.
Get in on the action
Sign up now for the latest bonuses, promotions, and new online casinos.
Have You Found What You're Looking for?
Your feedback is paramount!