The modern casino player can pick from various electronic wallet services. But they all have one drawback – you can only use fiat currencies like Dollars, Euros, and Pounds. To use Bitcoin, you must use a separate crypto-wallet at the casino.
Payeer is an e-wallet that bucks this trend, offering a platform to use fiat currencies and cryptocurrencies. It gives you more freedom and flexibility – using the same e-wallet, you can fund your online casino account in many different ways!
As a hybrid solution, Payeer is ideal for casino players who want to switch between fiat and cryptocurrencies regularly. However, if you plan to stick exclusively with one type of currency, you can probably find better payment options.
If you want to learn more about this unique payment method, you are at the right place – we will tell you everything you need to know about Payeer and online casino payments. We also have a list of safe and trusted online casinos that accept Payeer.
Top Payeer Casinos Online South Africa 2023
🔔 Advertising Disclosure: playcasino.co.za contains affiliate links to partner sites. By clicking these links and making a deposit PlayCasino may earn a commission. This does not impact bonuses or result in extra charges for players. Our reviews and recommendations remain impartial.
Everything You Need to Know About Payeer
Payeer originally started as an electronic exchange service for various currencies. They launched operations online way back in 2012. Over the years, Payeer has evolved into full-fledged online payments and currency-crypto conversion services.
Like many “new” startups in the electronic payments scene, Payeer is less famous than big brands like Paypal or Skrill/Neteller. But it is a legit and licensed payment service based in the European Union – Tallinn, Estonia.
Payeer operates under various strict and reputed financial service licenses – including the VFSC and the MEAC. The company maintains high standards in safety, security, and reliability. It fully complies with all the relevant AML/CTF international standards of the online payments industry.
Payeer has multiple functions and services, making it unique in online payments. They include:
- A digital wallet where you can store both fiat currencies and cryptocurrencies.
- A fully registered cryptocurrency exchange where you can trade different cryptos.
- An online payments system to send/receive money, and eCommerce.
- Available in almost 200 countries around the globe.
- Supports over 100 payment systems, including credit cards, banks, other e-wallets.
- A fully functioning mobile wallet app with all the above features.
Regarding the fiat currencies involved, Payeer supports US Dollars, Euros, and Roubles. The list is a bit longer for cryptocurrencies – Bitcoin, Litecoin, Ethereum, Bitcoin Cash, Dash, Tether, Ripple.
Online Casinos and Payeer
Payeer is not as well-known as other e-wallets and online payment systems. It is largely due to the niche status of the service – it appeals mainly to users who invest and trade in a wide range of cryptocurrencies.
But with the recent surge in interest in Bitcoin and other cryptos around the globe, Payeer is starting to attract more users. Online casinos are also taking note – quite a few have started offering Payeer as a payment option for deposits and withdrawals.
But the total number of Payeer casinos is still relatively low, especially compared to other e-wallets like Skrill, Neteller, and Ecopayz. And since many EU and UK online casinos still do not support cryptocurrencies, Payeer casino choices are limited to other licensing authorities like Curacao.
This is good news for South African players since many SA online casinos are licensed in Curacao. If you want a versatile platform to act as your one-stop online casino payment solution for any currency – with extra emphasis on cryptocurrencies – Payeer might be the ideal fit.
How to Use Payeer – The Basics
Before using Payeer for online casino deposits, you must deposit some funds to your Payeer wallet. You can add regular currency using the following payment methods on Payeer:
- VISA/Mastercard/Maestro bank cards
- Perfect Money
If depositing in Rands, the platform will convert it easily into a major currency of your choice, like USD/EUR. But the best way to use Payeer is through a cryptocurrency wallet. All crypto deposits into your Payeer wallet are free.
Other payment modes, especially credit cards, will attract additional transaction fees. The same applies to any casino withdrawals from your account via Payeer. With cryptocurrencies, you can enjoy zero fees on all withdrawal transactions. You can expect 1-3% processing fees with fiat currency transfers.
Clearly, Payeer is best suited for players looking to get into cryptocurrency-based online casino gaming. Other platforms that work like Payeer for online casinos include Webmoney and Coinspaid.
Getting a Payeer Account in South Africa
Payeer services are available around the globe without any major legal restrictions. If you have a PC or mobile device with internet access, you can create a Payeer account. And the best part is that, unlike a bank or credit card, creating an account on Payeer is free.
The full range of Payeer features and services are available to South African residents. All you need is a working email account to get started on Payeer. For account verification, you can use your valid government ID, utility bill, bank statement, etc. – the same as KYC verification at online casinos.
Verification is not mandatory, but an unverified Payeer account can only deal with transactions up to $999. You only need to complete verification if you want to/have to make higher deposits and withdrawals worth thousands of dollars.
Here is a step-by-step guide to creating your Payeer account in South Africa:
- Visit the Payeer website and click on the green “Create an Account” button
- Enter your email address in the pop-up registration window
- The system will send a verification code to your email. Use it to confirm the registration
- Click on Create Account to proceed
- In step 2, provide a secure password and secret code for your Payeer account
- In the final step, specify your country and provide your full name
- Click on “Done” to complete your account creation
You now have an unverified “basic” Payeer account. You can use this account to make deposits and receive withdrawals up to $999 max. If you want to remove that limit, you can complete verification at Payeer using the following steps:
- Login to your Payeer account and find the drop-down menu next to your account number
- Select “Verification” from the available options on the list
- A “Personal Information” tab will open – fill it with your details like your DOB and full contact address
- You can also provide a mobile phone and link it to your account using SMS code verification
- Once you have filled the form, click on the “Verification” button at the bottom
- You will now reach an “Uploading Documents” screen – where you can upload scanned copies of your ID, utility bill (proof of address), and other optional documents.
The Payeer team will verify these documents and upgrade your account status after a few days. The restrictions will remain in place until Payeerprocesses all document verification is completed.
Using Payeer for Casino Deposits
Before you can use a Payeer account for casino deposits, you need to add funds to the wallet. This is a simple process. Follow these steps:
- Login to your Payeer account and click on the “Add” tab on the left side panel
- Choose from the list of available payment methods – bank cards or other methods like QIWI, PerfectMoney, Bitcoin, etc
- Enter the amount you wish to deposit – with banks cards; you can only deposit a max of $7500
- Once you have finalized everything, click on the “Add” button
- You can review the transaction details one last time on the next page
- Click “Confirm” once you are fully satisfied – you will be taken to a secure payments page for the chosen payment method
- Verify and complete the transaction using the appropriate account details and security method
- The money will quickly arrive in your Payeer wallet
You can now use the Payeer wallet for online casino transactions and other payment needs. To deposit at an online casino using Payeer, follow these steps:
- Pick a Payeer online casino from our list here – all casinos are tested and verified for safety and reliability
- Register an account at the casino and log-in
- Go to the Cashier/Deposits page of the casino
- Pick Payeer from the available payment options
- Enter the amount you want to deposit at the casino
- Confirm the deposit – you will be taken to a secure Payeer payment window
- Enter your Payeer account name and password to authorize the transaction
- The money will get deposited instantly into your casino account from your Payeer wallet
You can now claim exciting bonuses and play real money slots, live dealer games, or big progressive jackpots at the casino!
Withdrawing Casino Winnings with Payeer
Since Payeer is an e-wallet, you are guaranteed near-instant withdrawal of funds after verification by the casino security team. Withdrawing to a Payeer wallet from a casino account is quite straightforward.
Due to online casino banking rules, if you deposit using Payeer (or any other payment method), the casino will also use the same Payeer wallet for withdrawals. So the entire process is simple and has the following steps:
- Log in to your casino account and take a look at your balance
- Ensure that you have enough funds to make a valid withdrawal request
- Go to the Cashier/Withdrawals section of your casino profile
- Payeer will be available as the default payment mode
- Enter the amount you want to withdraw
- Click on the final button to send your request to the casino
- The casino team will take between 24 – 72 hours to process your request
- The money will instantly reach your Payeer wallet once the request is processed
Once the casino winnings reach your Payeer wallet, you have several options. You can leave it there and use Payeer to buy stuff online, pay your friends, or trade-in cryptocurrencies. You can also transfer/withdraw the funds to another payment method/card you own. These are the steps to withdraw casino winnings from Payeer to your VISA/Mastercard bank card:
- After receiving casino winnings on Payeer wallet, log into your Payeer account
- Click on the “Transfer” button (below Add) on the main left-side panel
- You can pick any available payment method, just as in “Add”.
- Enter the amount you want to withdraw and proceed
- You can now enter the relevant card details to receive your money
- It can take anywhere from 24 hours to 72 days for the money to get credited
For fast and free withdrawals, using cryptocurrencies instead of fiat currency credit cards on Payeer.
Payeer Online Casino Pros & Cons
Your South Africa online casino options are rather limited regarding Payeer payment availability. But a few crypto-friendly casinos still allow you to use Payeer. It has the following advantages and disadvantages:
- Excellent security
- Licensed and legit payment service
- Can use USD, EUR, RUB, or many cryptocurrencies
- No fees on cryptocurrency transactions
- Has a secure cryptocurrency exchange
- Excellent mobile app
- Instant transfer of casino winnings
- No deposits in Rands
- Credit card transactions have additional fees
- Some cards may not work for withdrawals
Our Verdict: Why Use Payeer at SA Online Casinos
Payeer works best as an online casino payment method using cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin. With cryptos, you can enjoy instant transactions, zero processing fees, and the freedom to convert into more than seven major cryptocurrencies. The casino withdrawals are also instantly added to your crypto-wallet, or you can use Payeer instead.
But there are plenty of other reputed options like Skrill and Neteller for fiat currency payments. They offer similar features as Payeer at well-defined rates. For instance, transactions on Skrill attract a flat 2.5% fee. But with Payeer, fees can vary depending on your payment method, starting at 3.99% for credit card deposits at 1.99% for withdrawals.
Many customers complain about the complexity and lack of transparency in the Payeer fee structure. If that is a major factor for you, looking elsewhere for fiat currency casino payments would be best. But for crypto payments, Payeer was a solid option at SA online casinos in 2021.
Payeer Online Casino FAQ
Is Payeer a safe and legit payment method?
Yes, Payeer is a fully licensed online financial services and payments company based in Estonia, Eastern Europe. It has licenses from relevant authorities in the Estonian government and an offshore payments license from Vanuatu (for tax purposes – Vanuatu is a tax haven used by many major corporations). Payeer has been active for nearly a decade – it is not a scam.
Can I use Payeer at online casinos?
Yes, but not all online casinos accept Payeer as a payment method. You can find a complete list of trusted SA online casinos with Payeer on this page.
What is Payeer?
Payeer is an online payment service that combines an electronic wallet with a cryptocurrency exchange platform. You can use Payeer with USD, EUR, RUB, and all major cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin and Ethereum?
How good is Payeer compared to other casino payment methods?
When using Cryptocurrencies, Payeer offers the advantage of instant and free transactions. It is an excellent option if you are interested in cryptocurrencies, as it has many additional features like a crypto exchange. However, its advantages are minimal on non-existent when used for regular currency payments.
How fast are Payeer transactions at online casinos?
Since Payeer is an e-wallet, you can expect a transaction to be completed in minutes. Casino deposits are instantly processed. With withdrawals, the casino will take the usual processing window of 1-3 days. But after that, your funds will be instantly transferred to your Payeer wallet.
Do I have to pay extra charges on Payeer transactions?
At casinos, deposits do not attract any fees. Some casinos may charge additional withdrawal fees in certain cases, but this is not the norm. However, Payeer itself will charge you extra for fiat currency transactions. With cryptocurrencies, zero fees are attached – making them the ideal currency choice for using Payeer.
When should I use Payeer at online casinos?
Use Payeer if you want extra privacy – no mention of online casinos on your credit card/bank statements. Using Payeer as a cryptocurrency wallet for online casino gaming is best. It gives you all the advantages – fast transactions, best security, and zero fees.
When should I not use Payeer at an online casino?
If you don’t plan to do anything involving bitcoin or cryptocurrencies, Payeer is not the best payment method for online casinos in South Africa. For one, ZAR is not a supported currency. The service also attracts higher than average fees for all normal currency transactions. There are better wallets out there in this use-case.
Other Popular Casino Payment Methods:
Get in on the action
Sign up now for the latest bonuses, promotions, and new online casinos.
Have You Found What You're Looking for?
Your feedback is paramount!