Best Real Money Online Casinos
Spending your hard-earned cash at real money casinos should be a fun and exciting prospect but because some people don’t know where to start playing, they will feel fear rather than anticipation. This stands to reason, given that not every source of online entertainment is as reputable as the next and though you may want to believe that every online casino in South Africa has your best interests at heart, in truth, some are more concerned with making money than they are with what players need.
That is exactly why we have developed an online review system of the best real money casinos you can start playing at today. We have taken into account all of the factors that will help give you peace of mind and help stretch your money further including bonuses, promotions, security, banking and so much more. Now is the time to start playing, having fun and winning and with our list of real money online casinos, you really can.
Looking for real money online casinos for play using the Rand (ZAR) currency? Play Slots, Card games, Table Games, Poker & many more casino games for real money at these #1 rated SA online casinos featured below!
Real Money Online Casinos South Africa
How We Create Our List of The Best Real Money Casinos
We know that the rand isn’t stretching quite as far these days as it used to, and though you may want to spend a little time playing games and enjoying yourself, you don’t have loads of cash to do it. That is why when it comes to funding your real money account, you need the advice of people you can trust to recommend casinos that care more about your money than they do about their own. These are the factors we use to help ensure we recommend only the best casinos out there:
- Welcome and no-deposit bonuses – if you want value for money, you couldn’t ask for a better way to get it than to take advantage of casinos welcome and free no-deposit bonuses. The casinos on our list offer these bonuses in spades (pardon the pun) and these are generous, allowing you to try out the casino, not to mention the games, so that you can get the overall experience without the need to spend big.
- Other bonuses and promotions – making your money last long-term is vital once you’ve found the casino you love, but if you have to keep shelling out loads of cash on real money games, you won’t be able to keep playing. That is why we recommend the top real money South African casinos that give big and plentiful bonuses to players. These bonuses include those that are regular such as weekday and weekend bonuses and promotions as well as sporadic, such as bonuses when new games are launched, bonuses for using a mobile casino and so much more.
- Security and fairness – online security is a non-negotiable factor of a good casino and if there’s a casino out there that doesn’t have good security, it won’t make it to our list. We check for factors such as the type of security software being used, the frequency with which that security is tested and even how quickly the casino responds to possible breaches in security, all with the intention of recommending to you the casinos you’ll be able to play at with no worries about being hacked. We also check the see that the casino is a fair one that is regularly audited and/or regulated to ensure it offers players a completely fair experience.
- Banking – your real money casino account needs to be funded but while you may prefer EFTs, another player might be an e-wallet lover. We take into account the number of banking methods a casino has available to players, as well as how easy it is used to use. If the banking process is simple, the casino makes it to our list. If not, we don’t recommend it.
- Jackpots – while the object of playing at an online casino is to have fun, we also know that a win once in a while wouldn’t hurt. The real money South African casinos we recommend offer a wide variety of games and these offer many different types of jackpots. In order to ensure you have the chance to boost your real money account, we take into consideration the types of jackpots, the sizes of the jackpots and how these could be paid out, to give you the best possible recommendation.
Signing up For Your Real Money Account
Once you’ve had a look at our list of the top real money South African casinos to play at, why not try one of the bonuses? You’ll need to sign up for a real money account, which is one of the simplest and most hassle-free experiences you will have online. The process requires you to input some personal information, such as your name, phone number, country of origin and a few other particulars, and then choose a username and password. You should choose a password you can remember but one that is strong enough to ensure a hacker doesn’t guess it easily. Most online casinos recommend that you use a password with at least one capital letter, a number and a symbol, so a password such as Sugarplum22# would be a great one, whereas password123 is probably one you should avoid.
Note that once you have signed up, your email address will be verified and you will be sent a verification link via email. If you do not receive this email, there may be some kind of problem with your account, one that is likely easy to resolve through the casino’s customer service centre.
Accessing the South African Real Money Casino
If you’ve already gone through the sign-up process at a South African online casino, you may have noticed two ways of accessing the casino on your desktop. These are the downloadable casino, which you can download to your desktop and which will give you access to all of the casino real money games, and the instant play casino in which there is no need to download and you can play most of the games (not as many as the downloadable casino but a huge amount nonetheless).
In addition, you can also access most online casinos using your mobile device. The process to do is quite simple, and simply requires that you access the mobile casino from your smartphone or tablet’s browser window. Of course, not every casino has a mobile compatible site, so be sure to keep consulting our casino lists and casino reviews to find out which casinos you can access on your device.
Banking - Making Deposits and Withdrawing Wins
There are a number of ways in which most online casinos will allow you to deposit and withdraw funds and it is a good idea to take note of which casinos offer which methods when you sign up. For the most part, the top casinos on our list of casinos accepting rand (ZAR) will allow you to make use of most, if not all, of the methods below. However, we have listed the most popular banking methods available at South African casinos!
Debit or credit card : these days, there’s barely an online ecommerce site that doesn’t allow you to pay with your debit or credit card. Using a MasterCard or Visa, you should have no problem making quick and easy deposits into your real money account, but you are unlikely to find a casino that will allow you to withdraw money to your credit card.
Ewallet : an ewallet system acts as a kind of payment middleman. In simple terms, it adds an extra layer of security between your casino and your bank and most of these, such as Neteller, Skrill and PayPal are easy to set up and easy to use with minimum hassle and maximum convenience. They are also quite safe but be forewarned that most casinos prefer not to pay you out into a real money account.
Prepaid cards, EFTs and wire transfers – for those who don’t want to make use of either of the two methods mentioned above, there are a few other ways you can fund your real money account. Prepaid cards allow you to load money onto a pseudo-debit card and use that to make a payment. This is an extremely secure way to get money into your account, but no casino will pay out onto this card. Wire transfers are also relatively safe but they take time, while EFTs are usually immediate but you may find that you have problems with your bank releasing the funds, especially if it is a large sum of money and you have not pre-authorised the payment
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Do I have to pay to play at an online casino?
No, you don’t necessarily need to pay if you want to play online casino games. You can make use of a practice account that allows you to access the games and play as long as you want to, but if you win, the money is sadly not yours to keep.
Are online casino deposits secure?
If you consult our list of top South African online casinos, you’ll notice that we only recommend those casinos that have been through the security testing process. That means they understand what it takes to protect your information and make your security and safety their number 1 priority!
Are the games fair or are they all rigged?
The casinos on our list make use of random number generators. These smart algorithms work on the principle that the games are fair and that everyone has the same chance of winning. Additionally, the casinos we recommend have to answer to a higher authority, such as eCOGRA, an organisation that only lends its support to those casinos that have been verified as fair
Are there limits to make deposits and withdrawals?
Some casinos do put limits in place when it comes to banking and though you may find that most will allow you to deposit a lot of cash, the withdrawal limits are often quite strict. If you’re not sure what those limits are, consult the casino’s banking page or call/email/live chat the customer service centre to check.
Are payout percentages something I should know?
In a word, yes. A payout percentage is the amount that has been set as a certain real money game’s average rate of return. This is not an amount that the casino sets, but rather an amount that is determined by an independent auditor who checks to see the rates of losses and wins at the casino. This is the rate you can expect to get back for every rand you spend. So if a game has a payout percentage of 92.2% (which is kind of low), you can expect to get back 92 cents for every rand you spend. This is an average that is taken of all of the people who play a particular game
What I do if I have a banking or other problem at casino?
Even in the best casinos, problems can sometimes arise. The simplest way to combat any problems you experience at an online casino is to contact the customer service. The casinos that made it to our recommended casinos list are all those that have excellent customer service, and should have no trouble helping you quickly and professionally.