BEST ONLINE CASINOS SOUTH AFRICA 2018
Finding the best online casinos is not as easy as you think, and though you may think that simply clicking on a link that says ‘top rated casinos’ will give you access to a world of hassle-free fun, it’s not really that simple. You see, online casinos have a lot of factors by which you could rate them including their software, security, their service, their bonuses, banking and much more.
When we review and rate the South African sites where we think you’ll have the best online casino experience, we do it according to a very strict set of criteria, and we refuse to compromise on them. After all, a casino’s most important source of success comes from its players. That is why we take the time to carefully review the best casinos sites in the country and recommend only those we know you’ll love. Take a look at our list of top casinos and play locally in Rand (ZAR) or spend a little time reading our casino reviews to find out now only which casinos we rate highly, but also which suit your unique needs. Below is a list of our top recommended casinos for South African players!
|Casino Review||Welcome Bonus||Free No Deposit||Currencies||Software||Visit Casino|
|Springbok Casino||R11,500 Free||R300 Free||ZAR||RTG||Play Now|
|Thunderbolt Casino||R10,000 Free||R300 Free||ZAR||RTG||Play Now|
|Yebo Casino||R12,000 Free||R100 Free||ZAR||RTG||Play Now|
|Silver Sands Casino||R8,888 Free||R200 Free||ZAR, €, £||RTG||Play Now|
|Casino.com||R4,000 Free||200 Free Spins||ZAR, $, €, £||Multiple||Play Now|
|Winner Casino||R60,000 Free||R150 Free||ZAR, $, €, £||Playtech||Play Now|
HOW TO USE OUR BEST ONLINE CASINOS GUIDE
If you’re searching for a first-time casino to start playing at or you’re an old hand hoping to try something new, use our guide to make a more informed decision when it comes to playing and winning. You see, the reviews and the SA casino list we have compiled are carefully thought through to ensure you have the best possible experience when you play. Our goal is to become your trusted source of information, a middleman between the player and the casino that does all the testing for you so that you can sign up, play and enjoy. Here’s how we test each top rated casino:
- Playability – we know you’re not just visiting an online casino to check out the cool visuals and excellent website design. When you go to an online casino accepting Rand (ZAR), you want to play and have fun, and that is all dependent on the games. We test out as many of the games a casino has on offer as we can and we check everything from design to functionality to variety. The casinos on our list are the ones that offer the very best games, that is, those that give you the highest possible chance of winning and having an excellent time.
- Service – we know that even if you’re an experienced casino players, you might have questions for a casino and that means the customer service staff need to be skilled, polite and ready to help in any way we can. We check out the customer service at casinos and rate it according to the mentioned criteria, all with the goal of ensuring that when you play, you never have to struggle
- Bonuses – playing is fun when you’re using your own money but when you have the casino’s money to spend, in the form of a bonus, the game gets even better. We check out casinos’ bonuses including everything from the welcome bonus to the weekly bonuses and more, to ensure that you’re getting the biggest possible value every time you deposit, as well as little extras to make gaming much more fun.
A QUICK LOOK AT SOUTH AFRICA ONLINE GAMBLING LAW
Now, you may have heard that online gambling in South Africa is illegal as well as a myriad of other things about what it means to play at an online casino. We know that South Africans love playing casino games and if you’re not convinced, just take a look at how many land-based casinos you can visit in SA to spend a little money, not to mention the many, many online sports betting and horse racing hubs you can use if you’re a fan. But when it comes to online gambling, people just aren’t sure.
Here’s what you need to know about the online gambling law: the 2004 National Gambling Act was established to try and protect online casino players from big bad website owners who wanted to cheat them out of their hard-earned cash. Subsequently, in 2011, an amendment was passed that changed things a bit. Now, the laws states that online casinos are not allowed to operate within the borders of the country, which leaves the status of actually playing in a bit of a grey area. What you should know is that up to today, there are no South Africans who have been arrested for playing at online casinos.
BANKING - DEPOSITS AND SIMPLE WITHDRAWALS
Making deposits and withdrawals at online casinos is a generally misunderstood topic and many people think it is unsafe or that the casino will refuse to payout their winnings. In a reputable online casino, this is really not the casino and should you stick to our list of top casinos, you should have no problem finding an easy to use cashier system that makes the process of funding your real money account, and withdrawing from it, speedy, easy and stress-free. Click Here for a list of some of the most popular banking methods available at South African casinos.
When it comes to making deposits, you have a number of options available to you. A quick visit to the casino cashier will show you the many options available including:
- Debit and credit card – one of the fastest and most reliable ways of funding your real money account, using a debit or a credit card is a lot safer than you think. Additionally, if you are eager to start playing the games, this is the smartest way to fund your account because it is an almost immediate transfer of funds from the card to the casino.
- Wire transfer – this form of funds transfer has been in the mix for many years and trusted by many players from around the world. It allows players to retain some form of anonymity and they can play without having to worry about who can see their activity. Of course, the one downside to wire transfer is that it doesn’t have quite the same speed as debit or credit card.
- Ewallet – Neteller, PayPal, Skrill and many more types of ewallet system are an ideal way make deposits into your real money account. These are very safe, do require an initial setup process, but allow you to retain some measure of anonymity while also being able to play relatively quickly.
- Other payment methods – some casinos allow you to use EFT (electronic funds transfer) to fund your account and believe it not, there are still some casinos out there that accept cheques. Of course, the downsides to these two forms of payment is that they are not necessarily reliable, depend on the goodwill of the bank and the post office respectively, and you may have to wait a while for the funds to clear, which means if you send a check or make an EFT today, you may have to wait until next week to start playing.
Withdrawals are generally misunderstood in online casinos and though the process for cashing out is relatively simple, there are a few things you should know about it too. For one thing, you need to ensure you meet the wagering requirements of the casino if you have won a sum of money using a bonus. While this may not seem fair and you may be wondering why the casino is dictating the way you use your money, remember that a bonus is a conditional gift. Though it is given to you to play the games, you are also responsible for ensuring you meet the casino’s terms.
Also important is to choose your cash out method carefully. Some casinos will send you a check, but most prefer to do a direct deposit to your bank account. In this case, a customer service representative will likely phone you and ask you to fill out a form and send proof of identification. Additionally, if you used a credit card, you will need to include a photo of the front and back of that card, a form of verification that the casino can use to check that you really are the cardholder. Though this sounds a little lengthy and complicated, the process is a lot simpler than you think.
GREAT GAMES, EXCEPTIONAL SOFTWARE
If you’ve done a little browsing online, you may have noticed that casinos are not all created equally, and neither is their software. Different casinos use different software and this means some games are better or more appealing than others. The casinos on our list only make use of the best software providers to ensure you get the games that will really keep you entertained. We recommend a wide variety of these though including games from Realtime Gaming (RTG), Playtech, BetSoft, NetEnt and many more.
As for gaming variety, most players find that though they love one particular game or type of game, such as the slots, they like to mix things up a little too. Of course, a casino that offers just slot games is great if you like that kind of thing, but should you decide you need a little variety, it helps if a casino also offers table games, keno, lottery and even 3D horseracing. Variety is the spice of life and that’s why we clearly show in our best online casino reviews which casinos offer which games.
MOBILE CASINOS SOUTH AFRICA
Did you know that many of the best casinos these days also offer mobile functionality? That means you can take your favourite casino with you wherever you have to go. Playing at mobile casinos on your iOS, Android, Windows or Blackberry device is a perfect way to spend a little downtime, enjoy yourself and who knows? It could even be a chance for you to win.